Photo credit: © Leander Wenger
courtesy of Zermatt Tourism
The lofty heights of the iconic Matterhorn will be more-than enough to make you feel all nostalgic, but here are our Top 5 Attractions in Zermatt which make it our Number One Romantic Ski Destination.
1. VIP Gondola aka ‘The Love Lift’ - For the most glamorous way to ascent the mountain, sit back in your leather armchair with a glass of Moet & Chamdon and enjoy the Matterhorn views. The Matterhorn Express VIP gondola is available on over 270 days of the year. Treat yourself – or someone you love – to a little luxury!
2. Horse drawn sleigh ride around the resort - Car-free Zermatt offers a charming alternative when it comes to transportation around the luxury ski resort which will take you back to a bygone era.
3. Full moon skiing - On selected dates, and donning headtorches, you can make your couples descent down the snowy slopes by the light of the moon, then arrive rosy-cheeked in resort for the après to begin with a glühwein or a warming hot chocolate.
4. Starlight dinner - The unforgettable Gornergrat train journeys to the top of the mountain for your romantic meal for two with a spectacular view of Zermatt resort beneath and the starry night sky from 3,100 metres.
5. Fresh Tracks - If you and your partner relish the early chill of the first lifts and fresh tracks, Zermatt will not disappoint. You will be treated to exclusive access to the pistes from 7:40am every Wednesday and Friday, with accompanied descent from Trockener Steg to Furi as the sun’s rays warm the virgin pistes – carve the first ski tracks on the mountain before the lifts officially open, followed by a hearty breakfast!
Enquire Now or call on +44 1993 899 420 to discuss Zermatt as your romantic ski getaway destination.