The Oxford Ski Company is a travel specialist that works to organise the perfect, all-encompassing luxury ski holidays for our guests. Skiing trips booked with us involve so much more than simply staying in a beautiful chalet or hotel; we'll go the extra mile to make each holiday uncompromisingly unique and totally tailored around individual client requests.
The secret lies in expert advance planning and to do that we need a strong, dedicated, knowledgeable & conscientious team at the ready. And right now we’re looking for a new Concierge Specialist to join us as part of this integral team.
This position involves two main roles. On the one hand you will work as your client’s travel PA, by looking after them from the moment they book their chalet or hotel, discussing their needs and organising the best options for them and on the other hand you will build valuable relationships with resort partners (such as ski schools, transfer companies & chalet operators) whilst always making sure your resort knowledge is the best in the industry.
The successful candidate for the job will be totally passionate about winter travel and high-end service with previous relevant experience and a good track record in direct client contact. Please see the full job description listed below
To apply please submit your CV, together with a covering letter and references to Victoria Perrins (Head of Concierge) giving details of relevant experience and telling us why you are interested in applying for the position.
Contact: Victoria Perrins | Tel: 01993 899 420 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Concierge Specialist Job Description
Start Date: August/September 2016
Job type: Permanent/Contract
Hours: Summer hours (April to August) 09.00-17.00 Monday to Friday
Winter hours (September to March) 08.00-17.00 Monday to Friday, you will also be required to work one Saturday 09.00-17.00 per month throughout the busy winter season.
Location: The Oxford Ski Company Head Office (18d Thorney Leys Business Park, Witney, OX28 4GE)
Salary: On request. The position involves two to three weeks of business related travel each year.
- Working as your client’s travel PA, you will look after them from the moment they book their chalet or hotel, discussing their needs and organising the best options for them, whilst building a valuable rapport.
- Assessing your client’s needs and the way to approach their booking, effectively managing their expectations, providing support and guidance with their bookings and generally offering the most helpful concierge service out there.
- To make all necessary concierge arrangements for the client, including airport transfers, ski lessons, restaurant reservations, spa treatments etc. To ensure everything is tailored to suit the individual client and that the process is as seamless and efficient as possible.
- To prepare and send out detailed itineraries that your clients can take with them and to have these ready to email out around 2 weeks prior to their departure.
- Building strong relationships with our suppliers to ensure we get the best options for the client and maximum commission for The Oxford Ski Company.
- Responsible for obtaining correct invoices from our suppliers, generating the relevant booking paperwork for your client and discussing payment options with them at time of booking.
- You will be required to attend face to face meetings with concierge suppliers to keep our knowledge fully up to date and to strengthen existing or new relationships.
- To take the time to learn and understand the concierge supplier portfolio and the resorts we work in so that you can best sell their services and your knowledge to clients (working as one with the concierge team and using each other’s knowledge and experiences).
- To attend and be involved in the organisation of summer and winter FAM trips, to help you further understand the individual resorts, suppliers & properties.
- To uphold our strong relationships with chalet operators and hotels when organising concierge, understanding their service level and individual concierge approach, and carefully balancing this with our own.
- You will share responsibility for the general upkeep of The Oxford Ski Company website portfolio, ensuring all resort pages are up to date and accurate.
- Administration of company websites and databases for resort and concierge related information.
- Assisting the sales team and directors on other administration tasks as becomes necessary.
- Ideally you should be educated to degree level or similar. Previous experience in a similar role is preferable.
- Ideally you should have worked a ski season in a European resort or have good knowledge of the ski industry.
- You must have the ability to build strong working relationships and have a friendly, approachable and professional manner.
- You must have impeccable communication skills with a willingness to go that extra mile.
- You need to have exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
- You must work well in a team environment with a hard-working and flexible approach.
- Please submit your CV, references and a covering letter to Victoria Perrins (Head of Concierge) giving details of relevant experience and telling us why you are interested in applying for the position.
- An initial telephone interview will be conducted with one of our Directors.
- First interviews will be held in Witney with successful candidates being required to attend a second interview.
- Victoria Perrins | Tel: 01993 899 420|email: email@example.com