Photo credit: © Leander Wenger
courtesy of Zermatt Tourism
The lofty heights of the iconic Matterhorn will be more-than enough to make you feel all nostalgic, but here are our Top 5 Attractions in Zermatt which make it our Number One Romantic Ski Destination.
1. VIP Gondola aka ‘The Love Lift’ - For the most glamorous way to ascent the mountain, sit back in your leather armchair with a glass of Moet & Chamdon and enjoy the Matterhorn views. The Matterhorn Express VIP gondola is available on over 270 days of the year. Treat yourself – or someone you love – to a little luxury!
2. Horse drawn sleigh ride around the resort - Car-free Zermatt offers a charming alternative when it comes to transportation around the luxury ski resort which will take you back to a bygone era.
3. Full moon skiing - On selected dates, and donning headtorches, you can make your couples descent down the snowy slopes by the light of the moon, then arrive rosy-cheeked in resort for the après to begin with a glühwein or a warming hot chocolate.
4. Starlight dinner - The unforgettable Gornergrat train journeys to the top of the mountain for your romantic meal for two with a spectacular view of Zermatt resort beneath and the starry night sky from 3,100 metres.
5. Fresh Tracks - If you and your partner relish the early chill of the first lifts and fresh tracks, Zermatt will not disappoint. You will be treated to exclusive access to the pistes from 7:40am every Wednesday and Friday, with accompanied descent from Trockener Steg to Furi as the sun’s rays warm the virgin pistes – carve the first ski tracks on the mountain before the lifts officially open, followed by a hearty breakfast!
And finally... for the ultimate romantic stay, WE LOVE...
The CERVO Mountain Boutique Resort - this secluded ski in, ski out boutique ski hotel gives lovers the perfect opportunity to snuggle up together under a bearskin blanket in terrace restaurant, feed each other raclette or fondue in the Ferdinand amongst the hip clientele, and of course make the most of your luxury suite at the end of a long day on the slopes... Alpine Heaven.