Hotel Altapura ***** Val Thorens, France
Setting the scene
Full of charm and character, the remake of the Hotel Des Dromonts has transformed it into the coolest hotel in the Portes du Soleil. The hotel has been standing since 1964, and was known as the spot for the Film Festival Fantastique from 1973 to 1993 – an international festival of horror and science fiction films. Today you will find a hotel which has still retained its lively sixties retro style and edginess, yet with all the modern and warm luxurious comforts.
Enjoying a ski in, ski out location, you have the whole of the Portes du Soleil on your doorstep. After a day in the mountains what better way to relax and rejuvenate than in the Pure Altitude Spa, followed by re-fuelling with a delicious meal at Les Enfants Terribles – a chic bistro which leads on from the success of its sister restaurants in Megeve and Val Thorens.
Rooms and Suites
- Classic / Club Rooms (18-22 sqm): Cozy, warm and in a Sixties decor style with views of the slopes. En-suite bathrooms with shower only.
- Superior / Superior Family Rooms (25-30 sqm): Spacious with brilliant mountain views. Ensuite bathroom with bath and shower. In the family room you have the possibility to include a sofa bed for one child.
- Junior Suite (34 sqm): A little larger than the Superior Family Room and able to sleep up to 4 people. Includes a sitting area which can sleep up to two children. Ensuite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Suite (36 sqm): A double bedroom, separate lounge (divided by a sliding door). The lounge area also includes a pull-out sofa accommodating two children. Ensuite bathroom with bath and shower.
- Family Suite (41 sqm): Large Master bedroom with private en-suite connecting to a living room, a bunk bed cabin and a second bathroom.
Spa and Wellness
The Pure Altitude Spa is a sensory escape, focusing on the five natural elements – wood, stone, water, fire and plants. Enjoy a specialist treatment to aid deep healing, all within a relaxing and warming environment.
The wellness area offers alcoves of different thermal experiences. A steam room, outdoor/indoor sauna and relaxation room await you inside, or step out into the fresh mountain air and enjoy the outdoor Jacuzzi. A fitness room is also available.
Dining and Après Ski
Les Enfants Terribles: The bistro chic concept taken from its successful sister hotels in Megeve and Val Thorens, this Avoriaz restaurant offers classic favourites in a stylish sixties setting.
Bar Le Festival: A lively bar popular for a lunch close to the slopes, a cocktail in the warm surroundings after skiing, or a hearty fondue dinner.
- Distance to piste: Ski in/out access
- Distance to resort centre: Less than 3 mins walk
Distance To Airport
- Geneva (GVA): 1h 40m / 100km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 50m / 145km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 40m / 230km
Winter 2019/20 Pricing
- Classic Room - From EUR 2,060 to 3,360
- Club Room - From EUR 2,480 to 3,773
- Superior Room - From EUR 3,050 to 4,340
- Superior Family Room - From EUR 3,610 to 4,900
- Junior Suite - From EUR 4,230 to 5,530
- Suite - From EUR 4,580 to 5,810
- Family Suite - From EUR 5,710 to 7,000
*Prices based on double occupancy, including breakfast. Half board basis also available. Supplements apply for additional adults and children.
Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.