What we love
Affordable, comfortable, a convenient location, great service and food - four key points that make Founets Aval an excellent choice for skiing in one of the best resorts in the world.
This chalet is no longer available. Please contact one of our Chalet Sales Specialists to find out what alternative options are available on 01993 899 421.
As close to the piste as this simply delightful chalet is – just steps from the slopes and you can ski home in the evening – guests enjoy it so much that many have to prise themselves away in the morning.
Built in mellow wood and unmistakably Savoyard-style, it has a quaint ambience that makes guests feel they are in the lap of luxury. From the abundance of wooden beams and beautiful log fire in the open plan living and dining room to the feather pillows and duvets in the bedrooms, the chalet oozes warmth and character.
The living room is stylishly furnished, and the homely feel is added to by traditional Savoyard frescoes. A balcony with comfy loungers leads off the living room, perfect for catching the afternoon sun, crisp mountain air and breathtaking views.
The location is ideal too. Founets Aval is opposite the Bellecote run, which leads gently leads down to the centre of Courchevel 1850 at La Croisette and the main lifts. The proximity of the slopes means you don’t need to feel guilty about lingering over an indulgent cooked breakfast – you’ll still be able to get out skiing before many others in the resort. And besides, with the vast and utterly fabulous network of runs making up the Three Valleys to tackle, you’ll need to be properly fuelled with energy.
Sleeping up to nine, the chalet has four bedrooms all with en suite bathrooms. There is also a snug, with a plasma television, on the mezzanine floor – great as a retreat for children. In fact, the chalet is perfect for families, and has a very intimate feel.
This has been my most memorable snowboarding trip in my last eight trips. The snow, the chalet and staff have all been superb, I will definitely return to Founets Aval.
- Room 1: Double with en suite bathroom
- Room 2: Twin with en suite bathroom
- Room 3: Twin with en suite bathroom (Interconnected to Room 4)
- Room 4: Twin with en suite bathroom (Interconnected to Room 3)
- Room 5: Small single off mezzanine. En suite shower and sink but no WC
- Resort Manager
- Distance to piste: One minute walk (Bellecote piste)
- Distance to resort centre: Five minute drive
Distance To Airport
- Courchevel Altiport (CVF): 10mins / 4km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 45m / 110km
- Grenoble (GNB):1h 50m / 130km
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 30m / 190km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 30m / 190km
Winter 2020/21 Pricing
per person, excludes travel
The booking price is fixed in GBP, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the property and its facilities
- Seven nights' accommodation
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff
- Wake up drinks
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
- Children's supper
- Champagne and canapés (first and last night)
- Dinner on six nights
- Carefully selected house wines
- One staff day off per week
- Daily housekeeping (except day off)
- Mid week towel change
- Return London flights
- Group airport transfer by coach
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Resort Driving Service 8am - 8pm
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- Empty bed supplement is brochure price less £199 (less £100 on no travel dates)
- Children 2-12 yrs £75 discount
- Infants under 2 cost £125 including cot and highchair
- Independent travel discount of £100 to £150 may apply
- Flights and Class are subject to availability
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- No travel dates: 6th December 2017 does not include travel
- Saver Weeks: Save £100 per person 3, 7, 14, 21, 28 Jan and 11 Mar 2018 if booked by 31st Oct 2017. Not combinable with any other offer
- Ski carriage: £15 per bag each way
- Service upgrades available
This property is unavailable to rent during the summer. However, we do have many luxury chalets and lodges that are available to book - contact one of our consultants on +44 1993 899 420 or send us an enquiry.
Oxford Private Travel
Our 'summery sister' Oxford Private Travel are experts at all things 'non-ski'. Specialising in luxury villas, hotels, private islands and yacht charters, do give the team a call to experience the high levels of customer care that The Oxford Ski Company has become renowned for, when planning all of your other holidays as well. Featuring many European summer destinations, as well as long-haul and winter sun, they would be delighted to suggest holidays to match your individual requirements.