Hotel Le K2 Palace ***** Courchevel 1850, France
What we love
This hotel oozes sophistication. Comfortable and welcoming, with warm furnishings and fantastic facilities, including it’s own Louis Vitton boutique shop.
Setting the scene
The Cheval Blanc Courchevel 1850 is a firm favourite with the VIPs of the fashion industry. This elegant and luxurious hotel boasts several in-house, designer boutiques to satisfy its clientele′s appetite for couture. The atmosphere is stylish and sophisticated throughout the five floors and 34 rooms of the hotel. Photography and ′object d′art′ adorn the walls and complimentary products from LVMH brands are readily available. The Cheval Blanc's many balconies provide the perfect setting to enjoy the spectacular views of the Courchevel landscape.
The rooms of this luxury ski hotel subtly demonstrate the hotel′s Savoyarde origins with small touches whilst providing state-of-the-art technology throughout. Unwind after a full day of skiing in a deep-bathtub with your favourite film playing on the bathroom′s wall-imbedded plasma screen. All rooms and suites have their own terrace or balcony. Choose one of the hotel′s suites with private hammam for a glamorous and intimate private haven to relax in.
Yannick Alléno, three Michélin starred chef, has brought his gastronomic expertise to Le 1947 Restaurant. The restaurant, itself, has recently been awarded a two Michelin star accolade of its own. The hotel derives its name from the Château Cheval Blanc’s 1947 vintage and possesses an extensive wine menu accordingly.
Rooms and Suites
Spread over five floors, all rooms are spacious and offer a living area. Depending on their orientation they have either a terrace or a balcony with stunning views. All rooms also have a separate dressing room, large bathroom with bathtub and separate hammam shower equipped with chromotherapy. The finest materials blend with unique pieces of art to give the rooms a distinctive style and personality.
- Superior Room (40-42 sqm): King bedroom with a living area and balcony or terrace offering village views
- Deluxe Superior Room (45-48 sqm): King bedroom with a living area and south facing balcony or terrace offering Saulire views
- Junior Suite (50 sqm): King bedroom with a separate living room and balcony or terrace offering mountain views
- Deluxe Junior Suite (65 sqm): King bedroom with a separate living room, dining room and a balcony with slope views
- Duplex Suite (75 sqm): King bedroom on the second floor with a terrace. Living room, library and balcony on the first floor
- Deluxe Duplex Suite: Grand living and dining room on the first floor with a second living room and the bedroom on the second floor. The bathroom features a Sauna and the balcony encircles the entire floor.
- The Chalet (315 sqm): Three bedroom annex spread over four floors with direct access to the hotel. Featuring a private cinema room, spa with a sauna, hammam, Nordic bath and treatment room, dining area, living room with a fireplace and a terrace. Each bedroom has a lounge area and en suite bathroom with a bath and hammam shower.
- The Apartment (650 sqm): Four bedroom penthouse occupying the top two floors of the hotel with private lift access. The Master suite features two bathrooms, one with a sauna, and a terrace. The remaining three suites feature lounge areas, en suite bathrooms with a bath and hammam shower and a dressing room. 3 reception rooms and a dining room with a fireplace, grand piano and bar. The apartment also features a Wellness studio, dedicated slope side ski room and a kitchen for private dining.
Spa and Wellness
The beautiful spa at the Cheval Blanc is simply superb. With luxury Guerlain products and an exceptional anti-aging skin care range, guests are able to relax and indulge themselves with a selection of beauty and massage treatments. The hotel also has a prestige treatment room especially for couples. As well as the spa itself, the Cheval Blanc has an impressive indoor infinity pool with a waterfall, as well as an ice water plunge pool, rain shower, steam room, sauna and fitness centre with state of the art equipment. Private fitness coaches are available upon request.
The hotel’s resident acclaimed hair dresser, John Nollet and his team are on hand to welcome you to the exclusive hotel salon or appointments can be organised in your room should you prefer.
Dining and Après Ski
Having been awarded three Michelin stars, the warm and convivial restaurant offers gourmet food according to the seasons and market supplies, highlighting the flavours of a creative and well-balanced cuisine. The restaurant is a daring mixture of contrasting materials, refined fabrics and rough mountain stone, which come into their own in the soft evening light. The wine cellar offers a selection of the best vineyards of the Bordeaux region as well as of renowned vineyards worldwide.
La Table de Partage
A generously sized table seating up to 16 guests in a private dining setting. The chef creates dishes in true Savoyard-style.
Welcoming guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner in its cosy restaurant and South facing terrace. The chef uses high-quality hand-selected ingredients, and regularly hosts a terrace-front barbecue.
Early coffee, tea-time, after hours…the bar is the place to enjoy the sound of the piano, where you can meet by the fireplace to discuss the next day’s expeditions.
Le Carrousel is open daily from 4 pm - 8 pm welcoming younger guests from 3 to 12 years old to a world of fun and games under the supervision of Le Carrousel Ambassadeurs. For teenagers Le Paddock is a great space to relax with table football, video games and can be converted into a cinema on request.
- Distance to piste: ski-in/ski-out
- Distance to lifts: two minute drive/short ski
- Distance to resort centre: six minute drive
Distance To Airport
- Courchevel Altiport (CVF): 10mins / 4km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 45m / 110km
- Grenoble (GNB):1h 50m / 130km
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 30m / 190km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 30m / 190km
Winter 2020/21 Pricing
Prices upon request. Please contact us on +44 1993 899 422 for more information and live availability.