A lovely home from home. Down-to-earth staff and a comfortable chalet makes this one perfect for all types of groups, especially families with children. Its near-the-piste location makes for a easy get away in the morning and the media centre downstairs doubles up nicely as a play room!
The Darkoum building is a four storey chalet containing three comfortable apartments - Darkoum Kalo, Darkoum Lama and Darkoum Makan. For skiing, Darkoum is well positioned just across the road from the Bellecote piste, taking guests by piste straight to the centre of Courchevel 1850.
Darkoum Kalo (the largest of the three) is a duplex apartment spread over two floors joined by spiral staircase. It sleeps up to ten guests over the two floors. On the ground floor there is the spacious living area with comfortable seating, open fireplace and the dining room. There is a flat-screen TV, Blu-ray DVD, Apple TV and Bluetooth soundbar. Outside there is a large wrap around balcony, ideal for soaking up the sun and admiring the dramatic Alpine views.
There are two en suite double bedrooms on the top floor and three twin/double bedrooms on the floor below, two of which share a bathroom. If you're booking the chalet for 10, the 9th and 10th guests are charged at half the adult price. Each of the bedrooms has a TV with UK Freeview and there is a small playroom with TV for children. Access between the ground and lower floor is via a narrow spiral staircase.
For larger groups the Darkoum apartments can be booked together to accommodate up to 23 guests.
What a fantastic week! The chalet and resort both fantastic.
- Children's playroom
- Open fireplace
- Luxury bath and beauty products
- Hairdryers in every bedroom
- Music System
- Collection of DVD's
- Wireless Internet (WiFi)
- Room 1: Double with en suite bathroom (Ground floor)
- Room 2: Double with en suite bathroom (Ground floor)
- Room 3: Twin/Double with shared bathroom (Lower ground floor)
- Room 4: Twin/Double with shared bathroom (Lower ground floor)
- Room 5: Twin/Double with private bathroom, no WC (Lower ground floor)
- Resort Manager
- Distance to piste: Two minute walk
- Distance to resort centre: 15 minute walk
Distance To Airport
- Courchevel Altiport (CVF): 10mins / 4km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 45m / 110km
- Grenoble (GNB):1h 50m / 130km
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 30m / 190km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 30m / 190km
Winter 2020/21 Pricing
per person, excludes travel
The booking price is fixed in GBP, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the property and its facilities
- Seven nights' accommodation
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff
- Wake up drinks
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
- Children's supper
- Champagne and canapés (first and last night)
- Dinner on six nights
- Carefully selected house wines
- One staff day off per week
- Daily housekeeping (except day off)
- Mid week towel change
- Return London flights
- Group airport transfer by coach
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Resort Driving Service 8am - 8pm
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- Empty bed supplement is brochure price less £199 (less £100 on no travel dates)
- Children 2-12 yrs £75 discount
- Infants under 2 cost £125 including cot and highchair
- Independent travel discount of £100 to £150 may apply
- Flights and Class are subject to availability
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- Ski carriage available: please ask for a quote
- Service upgrades available
This property is unavailable to rent during the summer. However, we do have many luxury chalets and lodges that are available to book - contact one of our consultants on +44 1993 899 420 or send us an enquiry.
Oxford Private Travel
Our 'summery sister' Oxford Private Travel are experts at all things 'non-ski'. Specialising in luxury villas, hotels, private islands and yacht charters, do give the team a call to experience the high levels of customer care that Oxford Ski Company has become renowned for, when planning all of your other holidays as well. Featuring many European summer destinations, as well as long-haul and winter sun, they would be delighted to suggest holidays to match your individual requirements.Visit Oxford Private Travel
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.