We love the character of Darkoum Makan and a small apartment for a family is hard to find. This fits the bill perfectly.
The Darkoum building is a four storey chalet containing three comfortable apartments - Darkoum Kalo, Darkoum Lama and Darkoum Makan. For skiing, Darkoum is well positioned just across the road from the Bellecote piste, taking guests by piste straight to the centre of Courchevel 1850. Darkoum Makan is the smallest of the three apartments and is located on the top floor in the eves of the building. With it's characteristic sloping ceilings Darkoum Makan is popular with families, sleeping 4-6 guests comfortably.
Although it doesn’t have a fireplace, small apartments such as Darkoum Makan are hard to find, not least in the fabulous ski resort of Courchevel 1850. It has an open-plan living/dining room with flat screen TV, Blu-ray DVD player, Apple TV and a Bluetooth soundbar and your own Chalet Host.
All three bedrooms can be arranged as doubles or twins, one of these also offering an en suite shower room. The other two share a family bathroom and WC. Darkoum Makan is recommended for four guests because of the cosy lounge but it can accommodate up to six. Please note, the living area and bedrooms have vaulted ceilings and therefore limited headroom in places.
Cosy and comfortable, perfect for our family.
- Luxury bath and beauty products
- Hairdryers in every bedroom
- Ski room with boot warmers
- Music System
- Collection of DVD's
- Wireless Internet (WiFi)
- Room 1: Twin/Double with en suite shower
- Room 2: Twin/Double with shared bathroom
- Room 3: Twin/Double with shared bathroom (low sloping ceilings)
- Resort Manager
- Distance to piste: Two minute walk
- Distance to resort centre: 15 minute walk
Distance To Airport
- Courchevel Altiport (CVF): 10mins / 4km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 45m / 110km
- Grenoble (GNB):1h 50m / 130km
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 30m / 190km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 30m / 190km
Winter 2020/21 Pricing
per person, excludes travel
The booking price is fixed in GBP, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Welcome and assistance
- Seven nights' accommodation
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff
- Wake up drinks
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
- Children's supper
- Champagne and canapés (first and last night)
- Dinner on six nights
- Carefully selected house wines
- One staff day off per week
- Mid week towel change
- Daily housekeeping (except day off)
- Return London flights
- Group airport transfer by coach
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Resort Driving Service 8am - 8pm
- Tourist tax
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- Empty bed supplement is brochure price less £199 (less £100 on no travel dates)
- Children 2-12 yrs £75 discount
- Infants under 2 cost £125 including cot and highchair
- Independent travel discount of £100 to £150 may apply
- Flights and Class are subject to availability
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- Ski carriage available: please ask for a quote
- Service upgrades available
This property is unavailable to rent during the summer. However, we do have many luxury chalets and lodges that are available to book - contact one of our consultants on +44 1993 899 420 or send us an enquiry.
Oxford Private Travel
Our 'summery sister' Oxford Private Travel are experts at all things 'non-ski'. Specialising in luxury villas, hotels, private islands and yacht charters, do give the team a call to experience the high levels of customer care that Oxford Ski Company has become renowned for, when planning all of your other holidays as well. Featuring many European summer destinations, as well as long-haul and winter sun, they would be delighted to suggest holidays to match your individual requirements.Visit Oxford Private Travel
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.