The Grandes Alpes Hotel***** Courchevel 1850, France
What we love
We are big fans of the Hotel Le Strato. Since its opening in 2009 it has rightly earned it’s place as one of the ‘must stay’ 5-star hotels in Courchevel. Quite unique to the other hotels in resort, Le Strato feels airy and light, with lovely spacious suites and an overall feeling of elegance. True Alpine luxury with a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.
Setting the scene
Hotel Le Strato is one of the most contemporary hotels in Courchevel 1850. Boasting an excellent, extensive spa and one Michelin star gastronomic restaurant with a fabulous sun terrace this luxury hotel is a wonderful base to enjoy Courchevel from. The interior design has successfully achieved a balance between Alpine comfort and chic elegance and the rooms are spacious and well appointed.
For those who are looking for a pampering holiday in the most luxurious of surroundings, Le Strato is hard to beat. Its heated swimming pool gives stunning views of the mountains and is softly lit by contemporary chandeliers.
Rooms and Suites
The 25 suites and rooms all have a balcony or a terrace. They are each decorated slightly differently creating a charming, varied residence where every detail has been thought out with elegance and style in mind.
- Standard and Superior Rooms - approx 28-39 sqm.
- Junior Suites - approx. 42-43 sqm with a seating area and a balcony with piste views.
- Deluxe Suites - approx. 45-53 sqm with a seating area and either a balcony or terrace.
- Duplex Suites - approx. 60 sqm over two floors with a living room and balcony on the 1st floor and a bedroom upstairs
- Executive Suites - approx. 50 sqm with a seating area, a balcony with piste views and a separate alcove with a sofa bed
- Family Suites - approx. 70 sqm with two bedrooms, each with a sitting area.
- Deluxe Duplex - approx. 100 sqm over two floors with a living room and balcony on the 1st floor and a bedroom upstairs
- Superior Duplex - approx. 100 sqm over two floors with a living room and balcony on the 1st floor and two bedrooms upstairs.
- Chalet La Residence - approx 140 sqm. Only a few steps from the hotel, this is a very contemporary style chalet includes two bedrooms, a large lounge with a fireplace, a private steam room and an open-plan kitchen.
Spa and Wellness
Spa NUXE is simply stunning with works of art and chandeliers adorning the walls of the spectacular indoor pool, which enjoys floor to ceiling views of the surrounding mountains. The 800 sqm spa includes not only the centrepiece pool but also saunas, hammam and a Jacuzzi. The spa itself with its Parisian NUXE products offers a selection of beauty and massage treatments including the “Le Strato sport modelling massage” perfect after a challenging day on the slopes. Other facilities include an osteopath and hairdresser.
Dining and Après Ski
Jean-André Charial, the chef and owner of the two Michelin star restaurant L’Oustau de Baumanière in Provence has brought his team to create the Strato's restaurant; Baumanière 1850. With one Michelin star this promises a wonderful gourmet experience bringing a flavour of the Mediterranean to Courchevel. Comfortable armchairs upholstered in colourful wools and beautiful artwork create a cosy yet sophisticated environment to enjoy the fabulous food.
Asides from the gastronomic restaurant, the Hotel Le Strato also has a sun terrace with direct access to the slopes. You can enjoy a glass of champagne in the ski room as you arrive after a day on the slopes!
- Distance to piste: Ski in/out access
- Distance to lifts: 50 metres
- Distance to resort centre: 500 metres
Distance To Airport
- Courchevel Altiport (CVF): 10mins / 4km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 45m / 110km
- Grenoble (GNB):1h 50m / 130km
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 30m / 190km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 30m / 190km
Winter 2019/20 Pricing
- Standard Rooms - From EUR 5,250 to 8,750
- Superior Rooms - From EUR 6,650 to 10,150
- Junior Suites - From EUR 8,050 to 11,550
- Deluxe Suites - From EUR 11,550 to 15,750
- Duplex Suites - From EUR 11,550 to 15,750
- Executive Suites - From EUR 13,650 to 17,850
- Family Suites - From EUR 15,050 to 19,950
- Deluxe Duplex - From EUR 22,050 to 27,650
- Superior Duplex - From EUR 24,850 to 30,450
- Chalet La Residence - From EUR 32,550 to 46,550
*Prices per week based on double occupancy, including breakfast. Supplements apply for additional adults and children.
Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.