Hotel La Chaudanne **** Méribel, France
What we love
This hotel could not be better situated, right at the base of the slopes. We love the relaxed atmosphere here, with the high service and quality you would expect in a 4-star. A perfect base to enjoy the Three Valleys ski area!
Setting the scene
Conveniently positioned at the foot of the slopes of Courchevel 1650, Portetta Hotel is relaxed and family-friendly. The 38 spacious bedrooms and six apartments all offer stunning valley or mountain views, many with balconies overlooking the slopes. Located just above the sunniest village in Courchevel, its position enables guests to ski straight from the terrace on to the slopes, and back in time for an al-fresco lunch of classic French cuisine. This luxury ski hotel has a relaxing spa area, in-house ski rental shop and a welcoming lounge, bar and restaurant. All you need for a zero effort and relaxing ski holiday.
Rooms and Suites
There are a total of 38 rooms within the Portetta Hotel:
- Double rooms - approx. 20 sqm with en-suite bathrooms and views of either the piste or valley. Piste view rooms also have a balcony.
- Family rooms - approx. 35-40 sqm featuring an over sized main bedroom with a sitting area, en-suite bathroom and a children's bedroom leading off the main room complete with bunk beds and en-suite shower.
- Large Family room - approx. 45 sqm. The Large family room offers a similar set up to the family rooms with a little more space.
The hotel also offers six apartment style lofts:
- Loft 1 – approx. 93 sqm. Ideal for a small family of two adults and two children. It features a master bedroom, bunk bed room, a living / dining room with a small kitchenette and two large balconies looking out over the pistes
- Loft 2 – approx. 98 sqm. Sleeps four adults with two en-suite double or twin rooms and a living / dining room with a kitchenette and fireplace opening onto a large piste view balcony
- Loft 3 – approx. 160 sqm. Sleeps up to six adults comfortably with three double or twin rooms split over two floors. Two bedrooms and a living / dining room seating 10 are on the 1st floor whilst the 3rd bedroom and a sofa area are on the mezzanine level of this apartment. This sofa area can be converted to accommodate an additional two adults if required.
- Loft 4 – approx. 160 sqm. This is the second duplex apartment, sleeping six adults with two en-suite double or twin bedrooms on the 1st floor and a master en-suite bedroom upstairs with the spacious living / dining room
- Loft 5 – approx. 60sqm. Perfect for two adults and two children with a sofa bed which could sleep either one extra adult or two extra children. The master bedroom and bunk bed room lead on to the open plan living room with a wrap around balcony
- Loft 6 – approx. 160sqm. The only Loft on the very top floor and is suitable for four adults and two children. Featuring two double rooms and a children’s twin room with a very spacious open plan living and dining room and a separated kitchen.
Spa and Wellness
Portetta Spa facilities include a fitness room, sauna, hammam and a candle-lit relaxation lounge. Massage and beauty treatments are also available in the Herbal House Spa, using Bamford products.
Dining and Après Ski
Serving Italian influenced mountain food – with a nod to the local Savoyard cuisine combined with the best Italian kitchen specialities. Plenty of locally sourced produce and a terrific range of meats and cuts that will be grilled on an open range within the restaurant. The restaurant is in-keeping with the relaxed, casual style at Portetta - expect a bit of rustic mountain chic, the perfect apres ski retreat!
Fire and Ice
Step outside on the sunny terrace where you'll find the ′Fire & Ice′ apres ski bar, with huge log burning fires, fur snugs and a wood fired pizza oven. An ideal location to enjoy the sunshine whilst watching your children's lessons in ESF's ′children's garden′.
- Distance to piste: Ski in, ski out access
- Distance to lifts: 40 metres
- Distance to resort centre: 100 metres
Distance To Airport
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 45m / 110km
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 10m / 110km
- Grenoble (GNB): 2h 10m / 150km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 30m / 190km
Winter 2019/20 Pricing
- Double Rooms, valley view - From EUR 3,640 to 5,740
- Double Rooms, piste view - From EUR 4,200 to 6,440
- Family Rooms, valley view - From EUR 4,480 to 6,860
- Family Rooms, piste view - From EUR 5,180 to 7,560
- Large Family Rooms - From EUR 5,180 to 7,560
- Loft 1 and Loft 2 - From EUR 8,500 to 17,000
- Loft 3, Loft 4 and Loft 6 - From EUR 11,000 to 24,000
- Loft 5 - From EUR 6,500 to 12,500
*Prices are per room, per week based on double occupancy for hotel rooms and full occupancy for all lofts, on a breakfast only basis. Supplements apply for family rooms based on children's ages. Half board rates for the hotel rooms are also possible.
Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.