You won’t find anything like it elsewhere in the Alps! A really special and quirky property - we love the ′ski in, ski out′ location and the little extras you receive when you book a stay here.
Chalet Himalaya is a former monastery dating from the 17th century. Situated on the piste, it is a landmark building in the hameau of La Daille in Val d’ Isere.
Original features such as the huge fireplace and the stunning stone window seats (where monks would have sat and read until daylight faded) are enhanced by modern ornamental features and state of the art facilities. There is the movie screen which appears at the touch of a button. Then there is the invisible swimming pool which can pop up between the dining area and the cigar room where guests can relax after sampling the delights prepared by their chef.
All bedroom suites have separate sleeping and relaxation areas. The marble walls of the bath are adorned with delicately engraved snowflakes, while the floor of each bath is subtly heated. The bath is of impressive proportions, each commands a rain shower and converts into a steam room, easily seating up to 4 or more persons, with remote-controlled lights.
The Chalet can be combined with Chalet Toit du Monde creating the ′Domaine de Toit du Monde′ bringing occupancy up to 16 guests, with double the facilities.
A wonderful week of pure indulgence in the snow.
- "Ski In, Ski Out" access
- Indoor/outdoor swimming pool
- Massage room
- Cigar room
- Extensive Wine Cellar
- Open Fireplace
- Ski Room with boot warmers
- Bathrobes, slippers and towels
- Luxury bath & beauty products
- Books, games, toys, sledges
- Collection of DVD's and music
- iPod Docks
- Telephone and Fax
- Digital Satellite/Freeview
- DVD player
- Sky TV
- TV in each bedroom
- Study area with PC
- Wireless Internet (WiFi)
- South-facing terraces and balconies
- Nespresso© coffee
- Chauffeured 4x4
- Welcome Gift*
- 2 x Super-King/Twin bedrooms with marble bath/shower/steam room
- 2 x Super-King/Twin bedrooms split into 2 floors with marble bath/shower/steam room on lower floor
- Chalet Manager
- Distance to piste: Ski in/Ski out
- Distance to resort centre: 3 min. chauffeured drive
Distance To Airport
- Chambery (CMF): 2h 15m / 140km
- Grenoble (GNB): 2h 30m / 160km
- Geneva (GVA): 3h / 220km
- Lyon (LYS): 3h / 220km
Winter 2020/21 Pricing
exclusive use chalet price, excludes travel
The booking price is fixed in GBP, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Seven nights' luxury accommodation
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff
- Champagne Reception
- Tea or coffee in bed each morning
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
- Canapés on five nights
- Dinner on five nights
- Carefully selected house wines
- An open bar with spirits, beers and soft drinks
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Daily housekeeping
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Resort driving service from 8am - 1am
- Airport Transfers
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- No discounts are applied to empty beds
- A security deposit may be requested
- Local tourist tax is payable in resort
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
This property is unavailable to rent during the summer. However, we do have many luxury chalets and lodges that are available to book - contact one of our consultants on +44 1993 899 420 or send us an enquiry.
Oxford Private Travel
Our 'summery sister' Oxford Private Travel are experts at all things 'non-ski'. Specialising in luxury villas, hotels, private islands and yacht charters, do give the team a call to experience the high levels of customer care that Oxford Ski Company has become renowned for, when planning all of your other holidays as well. Featuring many European summer destinations, as well as long-haul and winter sun, they would be delighted to suggest holidays to match your individual requirements.Visit Oxford Private Travel
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.