One of the classic five star hotels in resort which ticks all the boxes – great location, spa with pool and ideal for adult groups and families. We love the inviting atmosphere.
Setting the scene
The Hotel Christiania is one of the iconic five star hotels in Val d’Isere, created in 1949. It is now firmly one of the top luxury ski hotels in resort, offering 69 rooms and suites. Guests can enjoy the hotel restaurant, as well as the spa with indoor swimming pool, sauna and hammam complete with treatment and beauty menu.
The Christiania enjoys an excellent location in the centre of Val d’Isere, just off the main street along Rue du Parc des Sports and towards the base of the slopes. Both the L’Olympique and Solaise cable car are within walking distance. Offering the ideal base for those looking to make the most of the fantastic Espace Killy ski area as well as enjoying what the town has to offer.
Rooms and Suites
Rooms are categorised from A – D, along with Junior Suites and Family Rooms, with interconnecting options possible:
- D: 20 sqm double room north or west facing.
- C: 22-25 sqm double/twin room either north or west facing.
- C* Superior: 26-30 sqm double/twin room north facing. Some rooms have a cabin with bunk beds.
- B: 24 sqm double/twin room south facing with balcony or terrace.
- B* Superior: 26-31 sqm double/twin room south-east facing with balcony or terrace. Some rooms have a cabin with bunk beds.
- A* Superior: 26 sqm double/twin room located at the corner of the hotel, enjoying a privileged exposure on the slopes. South and south-east facing with balcony or terrace.
- Alpine Room: 40 sqm double/twin room located at the corner of the hotel, enjoying a privileged view over the slopes and ice-rink. South-east facing with balcony.
- Junior Suite: 37-42 sqm double/twin room with open-plan sitting area, west or south-east facing. Some have a sofa bed.
- Family Room: 40-47 sqm with two double/twin bedrooms and two bathrooms. West or south-east facing with a balcony.
- Family Suite: 52-60 sqm consisting of a Junior Suite and a double/twin room, two bathrooms. West or south-east facing with a balcony.
Spa and Wellness
The hotels spa offers body and beauty treatments with Sothys cosmetics. Guests can enjoy the wellness area comprising of indoor swimming pool, sauna and hammam.
Dining and Après Ski
Hotel Restaurant: Serving up gourmet dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can choose to book on a half board basis or dine A La Carte.
Lounge Bar: A cosy and inviting atmosphere to relax and enjoy a drink by the fireplace.
- Distance to lifts: Two minute walk
- Distance to resort centre: Centrally located
Distance To Airport
- Chambery (CMF): 2h 15m / 140km
- Grenoble (GNB): 2h 30m / 160km
- Geneva (GVA): 3h / 220km
- Lyon (LYS): 3h / 220km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
Prices upon request. Please contact us on +44 1993 899 422 for more information and live availability.Make an enquiry
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.