Hotel L'Helios **** Méribel, France
What we love
A traditional and chic 5-star hotel which offers great value for money! Le Blizzard makes you feel right at home with its welcoming atmosphere and traditional wooden Alpine interior. Adults and children alike will love the outdoor heated pool and hot tub in the snow. Here at Oxford Ski, this is one of our personal favourites!
Setting the scene
Le Blizzard is a charming, chalet-style hotel that welcomes you with its steaming, outdoor heated pool. Inside the furnishings are traditional and mirror the regional style of the Haut Savoie. The hotel is located right in the heart of Val d′Isère and gives spectacular views of the Olympic downhill run, La Face de Bellevarde.
The bedrooms are comfortable and wood-clad in a traditional chalet style; many of which have been recently renovated. Some have their own fireplace and all are decorated in a mountain-inspired fashion.
Aside from its outdoor pool and hot tub in the snow, the hotel has several other spa facilities. With a sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi and massage rooms, the hotel is perfectly equipped for a relaxing stay.
Rooms and Suites
The hotel features 70 alpine chic rooms and suites in total overlooking the mountain and village, all with private balconies.
- Standard Room - 20-23 sqm with a balcony with mountain views
- Luxury Room - 28-33 sqm with a living corner and a balcony with mountain or village views
- Luxury Superior Room - 35 sqm with a living corner and a balcony with village views
- Junior Suite - 37-51 sqm with a living area and a balcony with mountain or village views. Village view Junior Suites also have bunk beds for 2 children in a separate cabin.
- Duplex Suite - 42 sqm over two floors with a double bedroom, separate a living room, bunk beds and a large balcony with mountain views
- Suite - 41 sqm with a double bedroom, separate a living room, bunk beds and a large balcony with mountain views.
- 2 bedroom suite - 47-82 sqm with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a separate living room and a large balcony with mountain or village views.
Spa and Wellness
A sanctuary of relaxation.. The hotels Clarins spa offers guests a great range of massage and beauty treatments. The balneotherapy facilities include an outdoor heated swimming pool and hot tub, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna. The hotel also has a fully equipped fitness area (Technogym) and a beautiful relaxation area with tearoom. You can also take part in morning yoga and stretching lessons (reservations required).
Dining and Après Ski
For a variety of cocktails and rare spirits, head to the hotels lounge bar where you can get comfortable and cosy in front of an open fireplace. Famous for its warm ambience, it′s a real key location after a day on the mountain.
Le Blizzard Restaurant
Enjoy lunch or dinner overlooking the Bellevarde slopes. Run by chef Patrice Durand, this lovely restaurant serves gourmet French cuisine.
For local Savoyard delicacies head to La Luge.
La Mourra Restaurant & Bar: Offering a relaxed dining experience. Enjoy a light snack and an après drink, followed by a Japanese influenced menu.
- Distance to piste: 100 metres
- Distance to lifts: 100 metres
- Distance to resort centre: Centrally located
Distance To Airport
- Chambery (CMF): 2h 15m / 140km
- Grenoble (GNB): 2h 30m / 160km
- Geneva (GVA): 3h / 220km
- Lyon (LYS): 3h / 220km
Winter 2019/20 Pricing
- Standard Room - from EUR 460 - 650 per night
- Luxury Room Village view - from EUR 480 - 720 per night
- Luxury Room Mountain view - from EUR 550 - 820 per night
- Luxury Superior Room - from EUR 520 - 770 per night
- Junior Suite Village view - from EUR 740 - 1,150 per night
- Junior Suite Mountain view - from EUR 790 - 1,260 per night
- Duplex Suite - from EUR 870 - 1,420 per night
- Suite - from EUR 1,010 - 1,550 per night
- 2 bedroom suite Village view - from EUR 960 - 1490
- 2 bedroom suite Mountain view - from EUR 1,350 - 2,040
*Prices based on full occupancy, including breakfast. Half board basis also available. Supplements apply for additional adults and children.
Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.