Hotel Koh-I Nor
This 5-star hotel is certainly a valuable addition to the resort of Val Thorens. With superb facilities and a wonderful location it truly is a hard one to beat!
Setting the scene
The name Koh-I Nor means Mountain of Light in Persian. Situated at an altitude of 2,364m this is the highest 5-star hotel in Europe; the entire hotel is focused on letting light into the building and maximising the views of the surrounding mountains. Hotel Koh-I Nor has 63 rooms and suites, all extremely spacious with private balconies and luxury finishings.
The facilities match the high quality of the hotel, with 3 great restaurants and a large 800sqm luxury spa with products by Valmont and ESPA. The hotel is situated in a fabulous position, looking down on the resort and with great ski in, ski out access.
Rooms and Suites
- Disabled Access Room (26sqm) Double / twin bedroom. Bathroom with adapted shower and toilets. North-West oriented Balcony
- Duo Room (26sqm) Double / twin bedroom. Bathroom with a bath and separated toilets. South-East or North-West Balcony
- Privilege Room (29sqm) Double / twin bedroom. Bathroom with a bath and separated toilets. South-East or North-West Balcony
- Superior Room (34sqm) Double / twin bedroom. Bathroom with a bath and separated toilets. South-East facing Balcony
- Luxury Room (36sqm) Double / twin bedroom. Bathroom with a bath and separated toilets. South or South-East facing Balcony
- Junior Suite Mezzanine (41sqm) Double Room on the mezzanine and living area including a sofa bed on the 1st floor. South East Oriented balcony
- Junior Suite (43-48 sqm) Double Room with a separated living area and alcove with one or two single beds. South-East or North-West Balcony
- Suite Mezzanine (60sqm) Master Double Room on the mezzanine, Separate living room and 2nd twin bedroom on the 1st floor. South East Oriented balcony
- Family Room (55 sqm) consisting of an interconnected Duo and Privilege room.
- Prestige Family Room (68 sqm) consisting of an interconnected Privilege and Luxury room.
Spa and Wellness
The 800sqm luxury spa features products by the well known Swiss brand Valmont and also ESPA. The spa facilities include 2 swimming pools, a fitness room, sauna, hammam, Jacuzzi, salt wall, fountain of ice, experience showers, relaxation area and solarium.
Guests will enjoy the natural light in all areas of the spa. There are also 4 treatment rooms which offer pampering beauty and massage treatments.
Dining and Après Ski
The brilliant head chef is Eric Samson who has been awarded 1 Michelin star for his previous restaurants.
This restaurant offers a 5 course dinner menu (included in the half board option) in a cosy and warm atmosphere. Light from the large picture windows floods into the entire room enabling you to enjoy a view of the summits whilst having dinner. You can also choose to dine from an a la carte menu here.
Le Diamant Noir
This gastronomic restaurant with a panoramic terrace offers a gourmet menu with truffle, foie gras etc. A credit per adult and per child is available as part of the half-board package.
With local specialities, produce and wines from the region serving favourite dishes such as fondue and raclette.
Lounge Bar and Terrace
The bar is a musical and relaxed space ready to host you day and night. In the daytime, the atmosphere is cosy and calm. In the evening, it's livelier with live music, but still feels like a lounge. Enjoy cocktails and other tasty nectars that the head bartender has dreamed up.
The hotel is well placed to accommodate families with facilities such as cots and baby baths available on request and dedicated children's menus at the restaurants.
- Distance to piste: Ski in/out access
- Distance to resort centre: 5 min. walk
Distance To Airport
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 25m / 198km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 50m / 218km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 113km
- Grenoble (GNB): 1h 50m / 144km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
Prices upon request. Please contact us on +44 1993 899 422 for more information and live availability.Make an enquiry
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.