Hotel Koh-I Nor ***** Val Thorens, France
What we love
Many five star hotels have popped up in Val Thorens over recent years, none so unique as the Pashmina Hotel. A mountain refuge taking its inspiration from big mountain expeditions. With unique experiences such as a night in their Igloo Pod, or an evening snowmobile ride to dinner. The Pashmina really does set itself apart.
Setting the scene
The Hotel Pashmina is a luxury five star ski hotel enjoying an enviable ski in, ski out location at the top of Val Thorens, with an impressive 2,350 metres altitude. As a guest of the Pashmina you can enjoy the whole of the huge Three Valleys ski area on your doorstep, with luxurious accommodation to return to.
Selling itself as a mountain refuge, you have the choice of a luxurious hotel room, one of the ‘Cosy Homes’ giving you privacy and space, or even a unique experience in the Igloo-Pod – a geodesic tent used for polar expeditions.
Guests are spoilt for choice with two hotel restaurants, one relaxed dining and one Michelin star, or venture up higher into the mountains to a cosy chalet serving up a host of traditional Alpine dishes. The Pashmina Spa by ‘L’Occitane provides rest and recuperation after your days adventures.
Rooms and Suites
There are 42 rooms and suites at the Pashmina accommodating a variety of group sizes:
- Elegance Room - approx. 20 sqm single bedroom with a South-East facing balcony
- Excellence Room - approx. 27 sqm double or twin bedroom with a lounge space & day bed and a East facing balcony
- Triple Room - approx. 37 sqm double or twin bedroom with a separate lounge & day bed, two bathrooms and a Mountain view balcony (except eighth floor)
- Junior Suite - approx. 37 sqm double or twin bedroom with an open-plan lounge and a Mountain view balcony (except eighth floor)
- Triple Room XL - approx. 45 sqm king bedroom with a separate lounge, a cabin bedroom with a single bed and a South facing balcony
- Junior Suite XL - approx. 45 sqm double or twin bedroom with a separate lounge & sofa bed and a South facing balcony
- Family Room - approx. 45 sqm two double or twin bedrooms, one with an open-plan lounge, two bathrooms and a Mountain view balcony (except eighth floor)
- Prestige Suite XXL - approx. 70 sqm with a king bedroom, a double or twin bedroom, a large separate lounge, two bathrooms, hammam and a South and East view
- Family Suite - approx 82 sqm with 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a separate lounge and a south facing balcony
Additionally the hotel has a number of self contained apartments and their unique Igloo pods:
Cosy Homes: approx 60-153 sqm - One to four bedroom apartments, complete with living space and your own kitchen. Giving you space and privacy, with all the comforts of a five star hotel.
Igloo-Pod: - approx 19 sqm, a Unique experience for two persons in a geodesic tent, used for polar expeditions, located on the roof of Pashmina. With bathroom, wood stove and private hot tub (extra charge applicable).
Spa and Wellness
The Pashmina Spa by L’Occitane offers 400 sq.m of relaxation with a range of massage and beauty treatments. The wellness area contains a swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna.
Dining and Après Ski
Le Base Camp: Enjoy authentic, refined dishes in a relaxed atmosphere, with the mountains as a magnificent backdrop!
Les Explorateurs: A Michelin star restaurant, where the menu is inspired by big mountain expeditions.
Le Chalet de la Marine: A unique experience – travel by snow truck or snowmobile to the highest chalet in Val Thorens. Every Wednesday the Hotel Pashmina invite you to enjoy traditional specialities including fondue and tartiflette.
- Distance to piste: Ski in, ski out
- Distance to resort centre: Less than five minute drive (hotel shuttle)
Distance To Airport
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 25m / 198km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 50m / 218km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 113km
- Grenoble (GNB): 1h 50m / 144km
Winter 2018/19 Pricing
- Elegance Room - EUR 225 - 510 per night
- Excellence Room - EUR 374 - 840 per night
- Triple Room & Junior Suite - EUR 450 - 995 per night
- Triple Room XL, Junior Suite XL & Family Room - EUR 525 - 1,180 per night
- Prestige Suite XXL - EUR 850 - 1,955 per night
- Family Suite - EUR 1,170 - 2,648 per night
- Cosy Homes - EUR 429 - 3,600 per night
- Igloo Pod: - EUR 379 - 500 per night
*Prices based on full occupancy, on a half board basis. Supplements apply for additional adults and children.
Please contact us on +44 1993 899 422 for more information and live availability.