What we love
Easily the best onsen in Hakuba - nothing like relaxing in an outdoor hot spring after a day's skiing. Amazing service too - staff who will look after you with affection from the moment you arrive.
Setting the scene
The best hotel in Hakuba, set in the woodlands of Wadano and within easy walking distance of the main village. Set on its own grounds (which are lovely during the summer, but only ever a sea of white during the winter) the first thing you’ll notice on arrival are the high vaulted ceilings of the grand entrance hall – this hotel has a distinctly chateau-like design which embraces the use of natural wood and stone throughout. The walls are decorated with old-timey ski memorabilia, and dotted around is an impressive display of traditional Japanese antiques. All told - very tasteful.
Being a larger hotel, there are the usual variety of room types on offer, from Standard through to Suites. We would opt for the Deluxe rooms, which are a little more spacious, a tad more luxurious and have the welcome addition of a private balcony which connects you to the wonderful winter woodland just outside.
There are two excellent restaurants serving extravagant buffet breakfasts, a bar and lounge and a Japanese bathhouse, complete with sauna, onsen and rotenburo – an outdoor hot spring.
It takes 10-minutes to walk to the nearest lifts at Happo One, although there is a hotel ski shuttle that’ll take you there and back. The Tokyu also has convenient transport connections to all the ski resorts in the Hakuba Valley.
Rooms and Suites
- The concierge services of a luxury hotel
- Inviting bar/lounge with central fireplace
- Karaoke rooms… it is Japan, after all
- Complimentary hotel shuttle bus services to ski slopes - both Happo and other nearby mountains
- Complimentary WiFi throughout
- Children are welcome
- Conference space
- Parking (limited spaces)
Spa and Wellness
- Natural onsens & sauna, featuring an outdoor hot spring
- In-house massage, physiotherapy & aromatherapy services
Dining and Après Ski
- Two fine restaurants, one serving authentic Japanese cuisine, the other international, with a strong French slant
- Tennis on site
- Distance to piste: 380 metres
- Distance to lifts: 380 metres
- Distance to resort centre: 500 metres
Winter 2017/18 Pricing
Each holiday is tailor-made, prices are dependant on your individual itinerary. Please call us on +44 1993 899 420 or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org