A beautiful example of the effective combination of modern chic and classic luxury. The hotel boasts an incredibly striking pool that will stick firmly in the mind. Perhaps what sets this venue apart the most however is the exquisite outdoor patio where one can eat and drink amongst some of the most incredible mountainous sceneries imaginable. Truly an experience to savour.
Setting the scene
The Hotel Valsana is ideally situated within the village, just a short walk to the centre. Based near the Obersee lake, the surrounding environments are exquisite and perfect for a variety of post ski activities.
Focused around a more for less culture, and an unwavering respect for the stunning surrounding natural environment, the Valsana has achieved luxury with simplicity, bringing you closer to the mountain. Internally, designer Carlo Rampazzi has achieved a real open home feeling. The result is a stunning combination of sleek wood, stone and glass providing you with an extremely comfortable modern take on classical home luxury.
The hotel features some 40 rooms and nine family apartments (one-two bedrooms with kitchenettes), each complete with large balconies, a restaurant with a huge sun-soaked terrace vis-à-vis the mountain and an 800sqm spa nestling on the edge of the Arosa forest.
Rooms and Suites
- Lifestyle Double Room (39 sqm): Double/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom. North-east facing balcony
- Premium Double Room (35 sqm): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom. South facing balcony.
- Panorama Double Room, Lakeside View (39 sqm): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom. West facing balcony.
- Panorama Junior Suite, Lakeside View (46 sqm): Double/Twin bedroom with seating area. En-suite bathroom. West facing balcony.
- Corner Junior Suite Lakeside View (52 sqm): King bedroom with seating area. En-suite bathroom. South-west facing balcony.
- Loft Junior Suite Lakeside View (52 sqm): Duplex Suite. King bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Living area on Mezzanine level. South-west facing balcony.
- One-bedroom Suite (49 sqm): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Separate living room with fully equipped kitchen. South facing balcony.
- Two-bedroom Suite (82 sqm): One King bedroom and one twin bedroom, both with en-suite bathrooms. Separate living room with fully equipped kitchen. Large South facing balcony.
Spa and Wellness
In-keeping with the natural and simplistic theme of the rooms, the Valsana’s 800sqm spa facility includes a relax pool that faces out towards a magnificent mountain view, massage facilities, steam bath, saunas made from reclaimed wood and views that transport you into the Arosa forest and a dedicated panoramic studio for yoga and fitness classes for the perfect pre or post-ski exercise. As if this was not enough, the hotel also contains a full fitness suite with state-of-the-art fitness equipment, open 24 hours per day again accompanied by spectacular mountain views.
Dining and Après Ski
Restaurant Twist: Here traditional boundaries are deliberately broken down and reception, lounge and restaurant merge into one big whole. The new "Valsana Food Concept" offers a conscious and varied cuisine that combines culinary delights, enjoyment and the demand for contemporary nutrition in a special way.
The Basement: A fine fast food restaurant with a twist - using fresh and quality ingredients. Open Thursday to Tuesdays.
La Vetta: The Michelin star awarded restaurant with an impressive 16 points in the Gault Millau guide. Modern gourmet dining in an elegant yet casual atmosphere.
Grand Restaurant: Open for breakfast and dinner. Serving contemporary and international cuisine.
La Collina: Fresh, informal and offering wonderful mountain views from the Sun Terrace. La Collina serves late breakfasts as well as delicious lunches.
Tschuggen Bar: Enjoy a cocktail or sparkling Champagne in the stylish hotel bar. With live music every evening.
Dine Around: You will have the opportunity to enjoy your dinner in the Grand Restaurant. Additionally you can treat yourself with a gourmet dinner in the Michelin star awarded restaurant La Vetta or try modern classics in The Basement.
- Distance to lifts: Eight minute walk to the Weisshorn Gondola
- Distance to resort centre: Four-minute walk
Distance To Airport
- Samedan (SMV): 2h 15m / 101km
- Zurich (ZRH): 2h 30m / 148km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
Prices upon request. Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.Make an enquiry
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.