Le Crans Hotel & Spa ***** Crans-Montana, Switzerland
What we love
A very unique hotel, situated in one of the most stunning spots in the Alps! This hotel is ideal for a night or two add-on. Located right at the top of the mountain, you will have first tracks whilst everyone else is still riding up in the gondola!
Setting the scene
For those keen to optimise their ski time on a short break, there are few better hotels than the Chetzeron in Crans-Montana.
Not only is the resort a short transfer from Geneva (with snowcat transport up to your final destination!), this unique mountain top hotel makes use of a renovated cable car station, facing south it overlooks the Rhone valley and the beautiful alpine summits with direct proximity to the slopes.
Chetzeron has been built as an eco friendly hotel - the building benefits from cutting-edge technologies and standards in terms of energy management in order to reduce their environmental footprint with 50 m² of solar panels and 200 m² of photovoltaic panels for electricity production.
Its elevated location at over 2,112m means guests can enjoy Crans-Montana′s famous panoramic views as the backdrop to their long, sunny lunch at Chetzeron′s superb terrace; favoured by locals and visitors alike.
Rooms and Suites
- Valley Superior Rooms (30 sqm): with large bay windows, offering a generous views across the valley
- Deluxe Corner Rooms (38 sqm): offering a dual view on the Alpine peaks and the Rhone valley, these rooms provide space, light and top of the range comfort.
- Junior Suites (50 sqm) : with splendid views on the plateau of Crans Montana and the South of the Alps. Each suite consists of a bedroom and a "cozy" corner which can be separated by a thick curtain. A sofa bed can accommodate two children.
Spa and Wellness
The relaxing wellness zone includes a steam room ideal for relaxing those muscles after a day skiing on the mountain, an infra-red sauna, bench of snow and ice bucket, outdoor terrace and relaxation area. At an additional charge, the hotel are also able to offer an in-room massage service or in the framework of the Spa privatisation.
Dining and Après Ski
Panoramic Restaurant: On the top of the slopes of Crans-Montana, within walking distance of Cry d'Err cable cars, at 2,112 metres. Those seeking attentive service and a vibrant atmosphere might opt for the indoor gastro-bar where the open fire is often lit and the chefs can be viewed at work in their busy kitchen. For a calmer, lazy lunch with protection from the elements, the dining area makes for the perfect venue. An alpine snack with a glass of wine is best enjoyed in a deckchair on the magnificent terrace with majestic views of the mountains.
Benefiting from local and seasonal products, the menu offers an "Alpine refined" flavoured cuisine, offering a variety of traditional Valais-based specialities, local discoveries and contemporary inspirations.
- Distance to piste: Ski in/out access
- Distance to resort centre: 10-15 mins by snowcat
Distance To Airport
- Sion (SIR): 45mins / 30km
- Geneva (GVA): 2h / 190km
- Bern Belp (BRN/LSZB): 2h 15 / 190km
Winter 2019/20 Pricing
- Valley Superior Rooms - From CHF 3,175 to CHF 3,675
- Deluxe Corner Rooms - From CHF 4,100 to CHF 4,725
- Junior Suites - From CHF 4,635 to CHF 5,285
*Prices per week based on double occupancy, including breakfast. Supplements apply for additional adults and children.
Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.