Domaine de la Baronne
If you are more self sufficient and do not always need the thrills of a modern property. This baronial chalet is brilliant for large families. You will leave with excellent memories.
This beautiful private family home, formerly the winter residence of Baroness Ilia van Harinxma thoe Slooten, is situated in Bluche on the very edge of Crans-Montana. Built in 1956, its open log fires, stripped wooden floors, oil paintings and antiques bring character and warmth to rival any Alpine chalet.
Each room of the chalet is individual in style and character. There is a large sitting room with an open log fire, a separate dining room, a private study with internet access, separate children′s sitting room with toys and games. There is plenty of space for several families or a group of adults.
The chalet is available on a self catered basis and will form the perfect base for a relaxed skiing holiday. A representative of the chalet will be on hand to welcome you to the chalet and offer assistance during your stay. A housekeeper is available and we are happy to discuss any additional services you require.
For guests looking to enjoy a fully catered stay in Domaine de la Baronne, we can arrange for a chef and a chalet host to prepare breakfast, afternoon tea and dinner each day, drive you to and from the slopes and offer you a fully tailor-made stay.
For large groups there is an additional chalet in the garden that can sleep seven adults. This can be taken in conjunction with the main chalet. Le Petit Chalet sleeps seven people in four bedrooms. It has two bathrooms.
One of the original chalets to break the bounds of luxury in the Alps, this property is still impressive and has the best views. If nothing else it successfully launched The Oxford Ski Company in 1998 and we are still very much here!
- Outdoor Hot Tub
- Massage room
- Private Garden
- Children's playroom
- Open Fireplace
- Ski Room with boot warmers
- Grand Piano
- Home Cinema System
- Heated Balcony
- Private Parking
- 2 x Master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- 3 x Twin or double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- 1 x Twin or double bedroom with shared bathroom, separate WC.
- 1 x Twin or triple bedroom with shared bathroom, separate WC.
- 2 x Single bedrooms with shared bathrooms.
- Chalet Concierge
- Additional household staff available on request
- Catered services available on request
- Distance to piste: 6 minutes by car
- Distance to lifts: 6 minutes by car
- Distance to resort centre: 7 minutes by car
Distance To Airport
- Sion (SIR): 45mins / 30km
- Geneva (GVA): 2h / 190km
- Bern Belp (BRN/LSZB): 2h 15 / 190km
Winter 2020/21 Pricing
chalet rental price, accommodation only
The booking price is fixed in EUR, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Seven nights' luxury accommodation
- Welcome and assistance
- Laura Hatton Bath and beauty products
- Towels and Bed Linen
- Mid week towel and linen change
- Fresh flowers
- Tourist tax
- Daily cleaning
- Food & drink cost, payable in resort
- Airport Transfers
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- No discounts are applied to empty beds
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- 1,000 Euro security deposit required with final payment.
- The price is for 12 people. Each extra person is €100 per week.
- All food and drink costs are payable in resort when booking the services of the chef and host.
This property is unavailable to rent during the summer. However, we do have many luxury chalets and lodges that are available to book - contact one of our consultants on +44 1993 899 420 or send us an enquiry.
Oxford Private Travel
Our 'summery sister' Oxford Private Travel are experts at all things 'non-ski'. Specialising in luxury villas, hotels, private islands and yacht charters, do give the team a call to experience the high levels of customer care that Oxford Ski Company has become renowned for, when planning all of your other holidays as well. Featuring many European summer destinations, as well as long-haul and winter sun, they would be delighted to suggest holidays to match your individual requirements.Visit Oxford Private Travel
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.