The Gstaad Palace is infamous in Gstaad, and rightly so. Set in an elevated position overlooking the resort, surrounded by parkland and beautiful mountain scenery. With many facilities including various eateries and a lovely spa to tempt you after a day skiing, or possibly tempt you to stay put the whole day!
Setting the scene
Built in 1913 the 5-star Gstaad Palace has an unrivalled reputation for discreet, refined hospitality and over the years has always welcomed the most discerning international clientèle.
Set on a hill overlooking the beautiful resort of Gstaad, you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the majestic Swiss Alps. The 104 tastefully decorated rooms include 29 junior suites, and the luxurious and sophisticated 3-bedroom Penthouse Suite.
The Gstaad Palace offers gourmet dining in 5 different restaurants, live entertainment at two bars, and dancing at the famous GreenGo nightclub.
Rooms and Suites
- Cozy Room (28 sqm): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Palace Hill or Mountain views.
- Classic Room (33 sqm): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Village views.
- Classic Junior Suite (43 sqm): Double bedroom, sitting area with sofa bed with en-suite bathroom. Courtyard views.
- Superior Room (43 sqm): Double bedroom, sitting area with sofa bed with en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Deluxe Room (46 sqm): Double bedroom, sitting area with sofa bed with en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Deluxe Junior Suite (55 sqm): Double bedroom, sitting area with sofa bed with en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Tower Junior Suite (72 sqm): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Separate living room, dining area, bar area and separate bathroom. Sofa bed in living room. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Corner Suite (92 sqm): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Separate living room and dining area. Sofa bed in living room. Balcony with Mountain and Village views.
- Tower Two Bedroom Suite (190 sqm): Two double bedrooms each with en-suite bathrooms. Separate living room. Sofa bed in living room. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Penthouse Suite (240 sqm): Three bedroom suite, each with own en-suite bathroom. Private elevator, kitchenette, living room, dining room and spa bathrooms. 140 sqm terrace with Panoramic views.
Spa and Wellness
The Gstaad Palace has one of the best spas we have seen. Recently renovated its exclusive facilities are spread over 1,800 sqm and include an indoor pool and outdoor pool with Jacuzzi, saunas and steam baths, a unique hammam experience with seven rooms and a relaxation area with stunning views. Not only this but the spa also has a state of the art gym and a Pilates studio.
With luxury exclusive brands including Cinq Mondes, Sisley, Niance, L.Raphael and Jardin des Monts, the spa also has eight treatment rooms and a Private Spa Suite offering guests a selection of beauty and massage treatments. There are several special features to this spa including the design which incorporates 50 tonnes of local granite which was taken from the nearby Blausee region in the Bernese Oberland.
Dining and Après Ski
Le Grill is one of the hotel′s smaller, formal, gourmet restaurants that serves mixed grills. Chefs of the Gstaad Palace cook your personal dinner in the show kitchen of the restaurant, which is rated with 16 Gault Millau points.
Gildo′s Ristorante offers an informal atmosphere in which guests can sample traditional Italian cuisine prepared by world class Chefs from Venice.
La Fromagerie invites you to enjoy delicious truffles champagne cheese fondue or typically Swiss raclette in a cosy and relaxed atmosphere.
Le Restaurant and La Grand Terrasse serves international cuisine in an elegant setting. In this gastronomic restaurant you will be invited to enjoy the perfect blend of creativity and haute cuisine accomplished by their chefs, while overlooking the charming garden.
Le Bar du Grill is open and available for a morning coffee, a small snack at lunchtime, a tea in the afternoon, a glass of champagne in the evening or a cigar in our Smoking Lounge. Enjoy a comfortable spot with a warm atmosphere. When all other restaurants are closed, this is where you can still find a bite to eat. Guests are also welcomed to entertainment every evening, featuring Nigel Thomas and his band.
GreenGo is THE place to be. The unique design and retro decor take you back to the seventies and guarantee a tasteful atmosphere for a great evening of partying.
The hotel offers an unsupervised children's playroom. There are also weekly activities available for 5 to 12 years old. Children are also welcomed to use the indoor swimming pool when supervised by an adult.
- Distance to piste: 5 min. chauffeured drive
- Distance to lifts: 5 min. chauffeured drive
- Distance to resort centre: 5 mins chauffeured drive
Distance To Airport
- Saanen (LSGK): 10mins / 4km
- Geneva (GVA): 1h 45m / 150km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
Price upon request. Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.Make an enquiry
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.