The Backstage Chalet
I loved the views from the roof, sitting in the jacuzzi. An amazingly unique experience.
The Backstage chalet is one of the most exclusive chalets in Zermatt. Leading Swiss architect Heinz Julen has modernised this once traditional 1940's chalet and extended the building into a stunning triplex apartment. The chalet offers spectacular 360 degree panoramic views over Zermatt and the Matterhorn and its glass surrounds and high ceilings allow light to flood in to the impressive open plan living area. It is located in a quiet residential area close to the centre of Zermatt and only a short walk from the main Klein Matterhorn lift.
The Backstage chalet boasts an incredibly unique jacuzzi which glides up through retractable glass doors to the roof, offering fantastic views over the resort. It also offers its own wellness area including jacuzzi and sauna as well as its own private home cinema.
All the bedrooms are en suite and have their own TV's and balconies.
- Matterhorn views
- Central location
- Unique Indoor/Outdoor Hot Tub
- Ski Room with boot warmers
- 5 x Double bedrooms with en suite shower room
- Experienced chef
- Distance to lifts: Five minute walk
- Distance to resort centre: Centrally located
Distance To Airport
- Sion (SIR): 1h 30m / 80km
- Geneva (GVA): 3h 15m / 240km
- Zurich (ZRH): 3h 40m / 260km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
Exclusive use chalet price, excludes travel
The booking price is fixed in CHF, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the property and its facilities
- Welcome and assistance
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff
- Champagne reception
- Welcome basket with fruit and chocolate
- Daily housekeeping
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
- 3-course menu on 6 nights
- Children's supper upon request
- The best selection of house wines, beer and soft drinks with the evening meals
- An open bar with spirits, beers and soft drinks
- Mid week towel change
- Bathrobes, towels and toiletries
- Pick up and drop off from the train station on arrival/departure
- Complimentary cinema ticket
- Airport Transfers
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Cost of massage/beauty treatments
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- No discounts are applied to empty beds
- A security deposit may be requested
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- Local tourist tax is payable in resort
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
Price available on request.
Please contact us for prices and availability. Services may differ from those indicated here for Winter booking.
Oxford Private Travel
Our 'summery sister' Oxford Private Travel are experts at all things 'non-ski'. Specialising in luxury villas, hotels, private islands and yacht charters, do give the team a call to experience the high levels of customer care that Oxford Ski Company has become renowned for, when planning all of your other holidays as well. Featuring many European summer destinations, as well as long-haul and winter sun, they would be delighted to suggest holidays to match your individual requirements.Visit Oxford Private Travel
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.