The Whymper Residence
A spacious apartment with access to a swimming pool and spa facilities - a real rarity in Zermatt!
Named after Edward Whymper (the first Alpinist to reach the summit of the Matterhorn), this luxury apartment is an exciting addition for our portfolio.
The third floor apartment is absolutely vast with 315 sqm of space and perfectly situated in what is quite simply the best location in Zermatt: in the heart of the village, next to the ice skating rinks (tennis courts in the summer), 1 minute away from the main shopping centre and 2 minutes away from the Gornergrat mountain railway. It of course has perfect Matterhorn views.
Guests staying in the Whymper have free access via a short tunnel to the Schweizerhof hotel's indoor swimming pool and extensive spa facilities.
The Whymper Residence has a very stylish entrance and lift access to all floors. The apartment has four double bedrooms and five separate bathrooms. The main and generous living area is comprised of three zones: the sitting room with its fireplace, a dining area with an adjoining open plan kitchen, and a study / TV room which can be closed off. All these areas are sunny and south-facing with spacious balconies and fabulous views.
The master bedroom has a double bed, bay windows, a walk-in wardrobe with a desk, and an en-suite bathroom with bath-tub, WC and two sinks. Next to it are two twin bedrooms with big balconies. There is another bathroom with a bath-tub, two sinks, and WC.
Down the passage you will find a utility room with a shower, and also a washing machine and dryer. Around the corner, leading off the hall, is the fourth bedroom, also with twin beds. (Please note that all our twins are of the zip and lock variety so that they can be made up as doubles). This bedroom has its own spacious en-suite bathroom with a shower, two sinks, and WC. There is a further guest bathroom with shower / WC in the passage leading to the study / TV room.
The open-plan designer kitchen has every accessory you could possibly need, and a convivial breakfast bar. In summary: the most perfect combination of location, style and space.
- Wood fireplace
- Modern kitchen with dishwasher
- Access to the swimming pool and wellness facilities of the Schweizerhof Hotel
- Central location
- 1 x Master double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- 2 x Twin/double bedroom with shared bathroom
- 1 x Twin/double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Resort Manager
- Distance to lifts: Matterhorn Express: five minutes walk
- Distance to resort centre: Centrally located
Distance To Airport
- Sion (SIR): 1h 30m / 80km
- Geneva (GVA): 3h 15m / 240km
- Zurich (ZRH): 3h 40m / 260km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
Chalet rental price, accommodation only
The booking price is fixed in CHF, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- 7 nights' luxury accommodation
- Bathrobes, towels, bed linen
- Bath and beauty products
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Airport transfers
- Insurance premiums
- Lift passes or ski rental
- Cost of massage/beauty treatments
- Childcare arrangements
- Tourist tax
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- No discounts are applied to empty beds
- A security deposit may be requested
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.