Carlton Hotel ***** St. Moritz, Switzerland
What we love
As you stroll past the expensive sports cars at the grand entrance to the hotel, you certainly know you are in St Moritz! However, despite the grandeur and tradition so evident in the Badrutt's Palace, you will be pleasantly surprised by the friendly and relaxed atmosphere. A visit to the hotel spa is a must, set deep in the mountain cave, one word – Amazing!!
Setting the scene
Badrutt′s Palace Hotel, situated amidst breathtakingly beautiful and unspoiled scenery, has long been hailed as a landmark in the centre of St. Moritz and is the ultimate expression of the Swiss Alps region. A favourite of celebrities and royalty alike since its opening in 1896.
Badrutt′s Palace Hotel is a celebration of style, sports, cuisine and fashion, with discreet service and traditional elegance evoking an atmosphere of pampered luxury for all. The hotel offers beautiful views of the lake from its expansive spa area; the ideal base for a pampering winter break.
For winter sports enthusiasts the hotel′s driving service will run you to the slopes to enjoy the high altitude and varied skiing the area has to offer. Enjoy exciting nightlife at the Kings Social House without needing to leave the hotel and visit the hotel′s world-renown ancient farmhouse, the ′Chesa Veglia′ for delicious cuisine.
Rooms and Suites
Badrutt's Palace offers 120 rooms and 37 Luxury Suites with lovely views to St. Moritz village and the lake and Swiss Alps.
- Single Superior Room (20-25 sqm): Queen bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Mountain views.
- Superior Room (25-30 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Mountain views.
- Deluxe Room (35-45 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Village views.
- Deluxe Lake Room (30-40 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Lake views.
- Signature Lake Room (35-45 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Lake views.
- Lake Junior Suite (45-55 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with living area and en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Lake views.
- Deluxe Junior Suite (45-60 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with living area with sofa-bed and en-suite bathroom. Village views.
- Palace Suite (60-85 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with separate living area and en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Lake views.
- Beau Rivage Suite (90-100 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with separate living area and en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Lake views.
- Suite Hitchcock (95 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Separate living area with guest bathroom. Balcony with Lake views.
- St. Moritz Suite (80-100 sqm): King/Twin bedroom with separate living area and en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Lake views.
- Helen Badrutt Suite (145 sqm): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Separate living area and kitchenette. Balcony with Lake views.
- Hans Badrutt Suite (175 sqm): King bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Entrance way. Separate living area with Grand Piano and kitchenette. Library Room. Balcony with Lake views.
Spa and Wellness
The 'Palace Wellness' is a truly world class spa with exceptional facilities. The treatment centre is made up of 10 treatment rooms including specialist pedicure, manicure, facial and massage rooms as well as a hair salon. Treatments use the highest quality organic natural products and range from massage to skin renewal wraps.
The Badrutt's Spa also has 2 exclusive spa suites giving guests the opportunity to be pampered in a private environment. They are located within the 'Palace Wellness' centre and are ideal for couples or special occasions.
The hotels large indoor swimming pool enjoys beautiful views across the lake. As well as this there is a sauna (ladies only), mixed sauna, ice room, mist room, aromatherapy steam room, salt steam room and both massage and rain showers.
For those looking for yet more winter sports after a busy day on the slopes, the hotel has its own ice rink where ice hockey and curling can be played. Alternatively the hotels fitness centre is equipped with state of the art gym equipment. The hotel also has a selection of exclusive boutiques.
Dining and Après Ski
Le Restaurant invites guests to enjoy glamorous nights in a unique and classic setting. This venue features gourmet international and French cuisine throughout the season and requires a jacket as dress code for dinner.
IGNIV by Andreas Caminada A fine dining sharing experience. Head chef Marcel Skibba has earned his second Michelin star for the restaurant.
La Coupole / Matsuhisa Japanese-Peruvian cuisine by celebrity chef Nobu in the former first tennis hall in Europe.
King’s Social House, in collaboration with celebrated British chef and restaurateur, Jason Atherton. Celebrate with dining & dancing at this hotspot of St. Moritz! Famed as the oldest nightclub in Switzerland, King’s Club at Badrutt’s Palace Hotel has enjoyed a distinguished reputation as a legendary night spot for generations.
Chesa Veglia is one of the oldest farmhouses in St. Moritz and features three restaurants and two bars – the “Pizzeria Heuboden” for original Italian pizzas and pasta, the Grill room “Grill Chadafö” for elegant dining with classic French cuisine and the "Patrizier Stuben” for Swiss and international specialties.
La Diala family friendly and connected to the spa area. Serving light, balanced and nourishing cuisine that fits the philosophy of the 'Palace Wellness' perfectly.
Renaissance Bar is the cosiest bar in St. Moritz offering classic and innovative cocktails. The Renaissance bar is the first Vintage Cigar Lounge in Europe.
At Badrutt’s Palace Hotel families receive a warm welcome. The Kids’ Club Palazzino is open from 8am - 8pm for children aged three to twelve years. Professional supervision is available from 9.30am - 7pm with lunch and dinner provided upon request. For the little ones there are lots of interesting activities on offer, such as cooking classes, kids yoga, massages and ice skating.
- Distance to lifts: 3 min chauffeured drive
- Distance to resort centre: Centrally located
Distance To Airport
- Samedan (SMV): 10mins / 8km
- Zurich (ZRH): 2h 40m / 215km
- Innsbruck (INN): 2h 45m / 180km
Winter 2020/21 Pricing
Prices upon request. Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.