The Gstaad Palace is famous across Europe, not just in Gstaad, and rightly so. Set in an elevated position overlooking the resort, surrounded by parkland and beautiful mountain scenery. With many facilities including various eateries and a lovely spa to tempt you after a day skiing, or possibly tempt you to stay put the whole day!
Setting the scene
Built in 1913 the 5-star Gstaad Palace has an unrivalled reputation for discreet, refined hospitality and over the years has always welcomed the most discerning international clientèle.
Set on a hill overlooking the beautiful resort of Gstaad, you can enjoy the breathtaking views of the majestic Swiss Alps. The 90 tastefully decorated rooms include, 41 Double Rooms, 29 Junior Suites, 13 Suites, 2 Tower Suites and 1 luxurious and sophisticated 3-bedroom Penthouse Suite.
The Gstaad Palace offers gourmet dining in 5 different restaurants, live entertainment at two bars, and dancing at the famous GreenGo nightclub.
Rooms and Suites
- Cozy Room (28 sqm): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Palace Hill or Mountain views.
- Classic Room (33 sqm): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Village views.
- Classic Junior Suite (43 sqm): Double bedroom, sitting area with sofa bed with en-suite bathroom. Courtyard views.
- Superior Room (43 sqm): Double bedroom, sitting area with sofa bed with en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Deluxe Room (46 sqm): Double bedroom, sitting area with sofa bed with en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Deluxe Junior Suite (55 sqm): Double bedroom, sitting area with sofa bed with en-suite bathroom. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Alpine Suite (72 sqm): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Separate living room, dining area, bar area and separate bathroom. Sofa bed in living room. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Corner Suite (92 sqm): Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom. Separate living room and dining area. Sofa bed in living room. Balcony with Mountain and Village views.
- Tower Two Bedroom Suite (190 sqm): Two double bedrooms each with en-suite bathrooms. Separate living room. Sofa bed in living room. Balcony with Mountain views.
- Penthouse Suite (240 sqm): Three bedroom suite, each with own en-suite bathroom. Private elevator, kitchenette, living room, dining room and spa bathrooms. 140 sqm terrace with Panoramic views.
Spa and Wellness
The Gstaad Palace has one of the best spas we have seen. Its exclusive facilities are spread across 1800 sqm and include nine treatment rooms, a Private Spa Suite, sauna and steam bath, relaxation areas with incredible views, indoor pool and outdoor pool with jacuzzi, a state-of-the-art gym and a unique Hammam Experience.
A wide variety of body and facial treatments are available as well as innovative rituals offered by wellness professionals with the following internationally renowned product lines: Sisley, Jardin des Monts, The Organic Pharmacy, Shiva Ananda and I.D. Swiss Botanicals.
Dining and Après Ski
Le Grill: An intimate and exclusive rotisserie Le Grill Restaurant with 16 points Gault-Millau. Here you can enjoy watching the chefs prepare traditional dishes as well as contemporary creations on an open grill.
Gildo′s Ristorante: Only open in winter, this lovely restaurant serves a wide variety of savoury and traditional Italian cuisine in a relaxed ambiance.
La Fromagerie: A cosy restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere, La Fromagerie invites you to enjoy delicious truffle champagne cheese fondue or a typically Swiss raclette. La Fromagerie is only open during the winter.
Le Restaurant and La Grand Terrasse: Serving international cuisine in an elegant setting. Le Grand Restaurant and La Grande Terrasse (weather permitting) are where breakfast, lunch, and dinner are served. In this gastronomic restaurant you will be invited to enjoy the great classics of the Gstaad Palace.
The Lobby Bar: From morning coffee to after-dinner drinks, for a light snack or some tea time, this is the centre of social life in Gstaad featuring stunning views on its terrace! The Lobby Bar team is pleased to serve you daily from 10.00 am to 1.00 am. When all other restaurants are already closed, this is the place where you can still grab a bite to eat.
Le Bar du Grill: Welcoming you every evening with live music, this is a fantastic location for socialising with friends.
GreenGo: With an amazing vibe, this is THE place to party in Gstaad. The Palace’s famous club invites you to party to the sound mixed by resident DJ Jim Leblanc.
From 7.00 pm gentlemen are asked to wear a jacket in Le Grill, Le Bar du Grill and La Veranda section of Le Grand Restaurant.
Baseball caps, coats, hoodies, polo shirts, T-shirts, ripped jeans and sport shoes are not permitted in all of the restaurants and bars in the evening.
The hotel offers an supervised children's playroom with weekly activities available for 5 to 12 years old. Children are also welcomed to use the indoor swimming pool when supervised by an adult.
- Distance to piste: 5 min. chauffeured drive
- Distance to lifts: 5 min. chauffeured drive
- Distance to resort centre: 5 mins chauffeured drive
Distance To Airport
- Saanen (LSGK): 10mins / 4km
- Geneva (GVA): 1h 45m / 150km
Winter 2023/24 Guide Pricing
|Low Season||High Season|
|Rooms||from CHF 1,050 per night||from CHF 1,600 per night|
|Junior Suite||from CHF 1,300 per night||from CHF 2,300 per night|
|Suite||from CHF 2,800 per night||from CHF 4,500 per night|
Please note that the above pricing is for guidance only. Due to the dynamic pricing used by hotels, please contact the team who will be happy to share specific pricing for your desired dates.
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
95 Rooms & Suites
Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy
74 Rooms & Suites
Courchevel 1850, France
42 Rooms & Suites
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 25 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.