Chalet Grand Sarire
Le Fornet is definitely an underestimated part of Val d’Isere. Avoid the lift queues in the morning by using the Le Fornet bubble and discover the amazing off-piste or make your own fresh tracks before the crowds get there! Sarire is the perfect base for you, a real gem.
Located in a peaceful position in Le Fornet, Chalet Grand Sarire is a beautiful property. With a huge open plan living room incorporating a large outdoor wooden deck, it offers the perfect entertaining space. The interior spreads over five floors, therefore offering around 350sq.m of space. Perfect for groups of up to sixteen, there are seven double/twin bedrooms, one of which has an additional adult-size bunk bed.
Located in a very quiet and beautiful area of Val d'Isere called Le Fornet, it offers great views up the valley as well as down to Bellevarde with impressive vistas of the Le Face downhill run which is often lit up at night. Nestled next to a larch forest there is a huge deck with the perfect space for children to play safely and you can ski back to the chalet by leaving the blue Mangard, and black Foret runs. Le Fornet is thought of as the prettiest area of Val d'Isere and is also the highest. In two quick lifts, guests will find gently sloping glacier skiing with unrivalled snow at 3,300m, whilst avoiding the often busy central lift station.
The property is broken down into two main spaces - one being the main chalet housing the main living and dining areas and five bedrooms for up to twelve people. (This can be booked alone called Chalet Sarire, 10+2 guests). The second is a well designed apartment with two further bedrooms and bathroom and its own living space. Beautifully finished inside and out in light grey vanoise stone and mountain larch the two areas blend together well. There are two main entrances, one for the main chalet (Sarire) and one for the apartment (Apartment Sarire) and they are just three steps apart. The main entrance is on the ground level where guests will also find a heated ski room with good storage and boot warmers. There are also two covered parking spots. On entering the main level of the chalet, guests will enjoy the living room and dining area. The dining table can accommodate 16 people with the addition of a further table enabling the whole group to eat together. The lounge offers a couple of different seating areas in front of a lovely open fire and an iMac work station. On the deck outside, guests will find the hot tub.
The central wrought iron stairwell leads up to 3 bedrooms, (one containing adult sized reclaimed wood bunks and a walk in wardrobe and bathroom). The other two bedrooms share a large monsoon shower room and toilet. On the the top floor is the large master suite with ensuite bathroom, and a smaller king or twin ensuite room with a large terrace and west facing view down to the main village.
The apartment is equally well sized offering an extra living space, with two well sized bedrooms and a shared bathroom.
Everything we hoped for and more. Le Fornet is a great part of Val, and I am not sure we will stay anywhere else now.
- Close proximity to slopes
- Outdoor hot tub
- Open fireplace
- Ski room with boot warmers
- Bathrobes & towels
- Music System
- Flat Screen TV
- Wireless Internet (WiFi)
- Garage parking
- Resort driving service
- iMac Computer
- Hip flasks
- Cowshed© bathroom products
- 1 x Master Double/Twin with en suite bathroom
- 1 x Double/Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom
- 2 x Double/Twin bedrooms with balconies and shared shower room
- 1 x Family bedroom with double/twin beds, bunk beds and en suite bathroom
- 1 x Double/Twin bedroom with shared bathroom (Apartment)
- 1 x Double bedroom with shared bathroom (Apartment)
- Experienced host
- Professional chef
- Distance to lifts: 3 min walk (Le Fornet)
- Distance to resort centre: 3 min. drive
Distance To Airport
- Chambery (CMF): 2h 15m / 140km
- Grenoble (GNB): 2h 30m / 160km
- Geneva (GVA): 3h / 220km
- Lyon (LYS): 3h / 220km
Winter 2022/23 Pricing
Price on request
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- 7 nights' accommodation
- Champagne & Canapes on 1 evening
- Daily breakfast with cooked options
- Afternoon tea
- Children's supper
- 3 course supper on 5 nights
- Carefully selected superior wines
- All soft drinks and juices
- 3 standard spirits
- Bathrobes, towels, bed linen
- Mid week towel change
- Daily housekeeping
- Bath and beauty products
- Resort driving service (0800 - 2000)
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Tourist tax
- Airport transfers
- Insurance premiums
- Lift passes or ski rental
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- No discounts are applied to empty beds
- A security deposit may be requested
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- On the staff day off breakfast is left out, but there are no staff on hand. No afternoon tea is provided.
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- An honesty bar for other beverages is available
- Extended driving service on request (chargeable)
- Champagne and Canapés each night (chargeable)
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.