One of the classic five star hotels in resort which ticks all the boxes – great location, spa with pool and ideal for adult groups and families.
Setting the scene
The Hotel Christiania is one of the original five star hotels in Val d’Isere, created in 1949. The hotel offers 69 rooms and suites. Guests can enjoy the hotel restaurant, as well as the spa with indoor swimming pool, sauna and hammam complete with treatment and beauty menu.
The Christiania enjoys an excellent location in the centre of Val d’Isere, just off the main street along Rue du Parc des Sports and towards the base of the slopes. Both the L’Olympique and Solaise cable car are within walking distance. Offering the ideal base for those looking to make the most of the fantastic Espace Killy ski area as well as enjoying what the town has to offer.
Rooms and Suites
Rooms are categorised from A – D, along with Junior Suites and Family Rooms, with interconnecting options possible:
- D: 18 sqm double room west facing.
- C: 23 sqm double/twin room with view on the Face de Bellevarde, or west facing.
- C* Superior: 25 sqm double/twin room north facing or village view. Some rooms have a cabin with bunk beds.
- B: 24 sqm double/twin room with view of snow front and Manchet valley, south facing
- B* Superior: 26 sqm double/twin room south-east facing with views to ice rink and Massif de Solaise. Some rooms have a cabin with bunk beds.
- A* Superior: 26 sqm double/twin room south exposure with views to the snow front and Manchet valley
- Alpine Room: 40 sqm king bedroom south east facing with views to the ice rink and Massif de Solaise.
- Junior Suite: 40 sqm king bedroom with open-plan sitting area, west or south-east facing. Some have a sofa bed.
- Family Room West: 40 sqm with two double/twin bedrooms and two bathrooms. West facing with views on Face de Bellevarde
- Family Room South: 46 sqm with two double/twin bedrooms and two bathrooms. South east facing with views to ice rink and Massif de Solaise
- Family Suite: 46 sqm with king bedroom, mezzanine bedroom, two bathrooms. South east or west facing
Spa and Wellness
The hotels spa offers body and beauty treatments with Sothys cosmetics. Guests can enjoy the wellness area comprising of indoor swimming pool, sauna and hammam.
Dining and Après Ski
Hotel Restaurant: Serving up gourmet dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can choose to book on a half board basis or dine A La Carte.
Lounge Bar: A cosy and inviting atmosphere to relax and enjoy a drink by the fireplace.
- Distance to lifts: Two minute walk
- Distance to resort centre: Centrally located
Distance To Airport
- Chambery (CMF): 2h 15m / 140km
- Grenoble (GNB): 2h 30m / 160km
- Geneva (GVA): 3h / 220km
- Lyon (LYS): 3h / 220km
Winter 2022/23 Guide Pricing
|Low Season||High Season|
|Rooms||from EUR 360 per night||from EUR 540 per night|
|Junior Suite||from EUR 650 per night||from EUR 920 per night|
|Suite||from EUR 980 per night||from EUR 1,465 per night|
Please note that the above pricing is for guidance only. Due to the dynamic pricing used by hotels, please contact the team who will be happy to share specific pricing for your desired dates.
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
Val d'Isère, France
70 Rooms & Suites
Courchevel 1850, France
71 Rooms & Suites
St. Anton, Austria
39 Rooms & Suites
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.