If you are considering Val Thorens for your next ski destination then this hotel should be high on your list! Excellent value for money, quality service and a stylish modern hotel in one of the best ski in/ski out locations. The high altitude of this hotel and resort offers the best chance of snow for great skiing all season long.
Setting the scene
The Altapura is a luxury 5*hotel in a great location and is truly ski in, ski out, with the Plein Sud chairlift literally passing the front door! It′s location is hard to beat.
The hotel has a modern contemporary style throughout, with huge glass panoramic windows giving you spectacular views from your bedroom. There are 88 rooms in total, of which 16 are suites. Cleverly designed with great family room options and beautiful spacious suites.
You will not be disappointed with the hotel facilities, which include the impressive Pure Altitude Spa, restaurants catering for every taste, as well as a large sun terrace which is perfect for enjoying the view. Other facilities include the hotels very own in-house ski shop.
Rooms and Suites
The hotel has 72 rooms and 16 suites with differing views and facilities. Some details can be found below;
- Classic Room (28sqm) - Double / Twin bedroom with sofa bed.
- Club Room (28 sqm) - Double / Twin bedroom with sofa bed and mountain views
- Deluxe Room (32sqm) - Double / Twin bedroom with double sofa bed and mountain views
- Junior Suite (32 - 40sqm) - Double / Twin bedroom with double sofa bed and mountain views
- Junior Family Suite (40sqm) - Double / Twin bedroom with sofa bed and adjoining children's twin bedroom
- Duplex Suite (41sqm) - Split over 2 levels. Living area with sofa bed on lower level, master bedroom on upper mezzanine level. Mountain views
- Duplex Family Suite (50sqm) - Split over 2 levels. Living area and children's twin bedroom on lower level and master bedroom on upper level.
- The Cocooning Suite (50sqm) - Double / Twin bedroom with double sofa bed and mountain views. Decorated in white furs, perfect for honeymooners!
Spa and Wellness
The hotels Pure Altitude Spa is superb. Set over 1,000 sqm the spa has a tranquil atmosphere with a birch forest theme. There are 6 treatment rooms including 1 duo room offering a wide selection of luxury treatments.
The spa has a beautiful indoor/outdoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, hammam, igloo and ice fountains. Additionally, the spa has a large fitness room, relaxation room, waterfall showers and sensory light therapy room.
Dining and Après Ski
This is the hotels main restaurant and is open daily for lunch and dinner. At lunchtime choose from the delicious traditional menu including snacks, platters or something from the grill. When the sun is shining enjoy your lunch sat on the stunning terrace facing the Caron peak. In the evening enjoy the local specialities and hot dishes from the rotisserie and Asian woks.
Italian gourmet restaurant. Tables are limited so booking in advance is recommended.
What stay in the Alps would be complete without a fondue at the end of a hard day on the slopes!? Offering a great range of flavours including a champagne or truffle fondue. If you have space for dessert then don′t forget to try the famous Mont Blanc cake, fromage blanc with blueberries and traditional cheesecake.
The perfect place to enjoy cocktails, champagne and music in quirky settings.
- Distance to piste: Ski in/ski out access
- Distance to resort centre: 2 mins drive, 500 metres
Distance To Airport
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 25m / 198km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 50m / 218km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 113km
- Grenoble (GNB): 1h 50m / 144km
Winter 2023/24 Guide Pricing
|from EUR 390 per night
|from EUR 740 per night
|from EUR 721 per night
|from EUR 1,348 per night
|from EUR 770 per night
|from EUR 1,444 per night
Please note that the above pricing is for guidance only. Due to the dynamic pricing used by hotels, please contact the team who will be happy to share specific pricing for your desired dates.
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
156 Rooms & Suites
40 Rooms & Suites
Val d'Isère, France
76 Rooms & Suites
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 25 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.