Hotel Koh-I Nor
This 5-star hotel is certainly a valuable addition to the resort of Val Thorens. With superb facilities and a wonderful location it truly is a hard one to beat!
Setting the scene
The name Koh-I Nor means Mountain of Light in Persian. Situated at an altitude of 2,364m this is the highest 5-star hotel in Europe; the entire hotel is focused on letting light into the building and maximising the views of the surrounding mountains. Hotel Koh-I Nor has 63 rooms and suites, all extremely spacious with private balconies and luxury finishings.
The facilities match the high quality of the hotel, with 3 great restaurants and a large 800sqm luxury spa with products by Valmont and Phytomer. The hotel is situated in a fabulous position, looking down on the resort and with great ski in, ski out access.
Rooms and Suites
- Disabled Access Room (26sqm) Double / twin bedroom with an additional Single Sofa Bed (advised for a Child under the age of 16). Bathroom with adapted shower and toilets. North-West oriented Balcony
- Duo Room (26sqm) Double / twin bedroom. Bathroom with a bath and separated toilets. South-East or North-West Balcony
- Privilege Room (29sqm) Double / twin bedroom. Bathroom with a bath and separated toilets. South-East or North-West Balcony
- Superior Room (34sqm) Double / twin bedroom with an additional Single Sofa Bed. Bathroom with a bath and separated toilets. South-East facing Balcony
- Luxury Room (36sqm) Double / twin bedroom with an additional Single Sofa Bed. Bathroom with a bath and separated toilets. South or South-East facing Balcony
- Junior Suite Mezzanine (41sqm) Double Room on the mezzanine and living area including a sofa bed on the 1st floor. South East Oriented balcony
- Junior Suite (43-48 sqm) Double Room with a separated living area and alcove with one or two single beds. South-East or North-West Balcony
- Suite Mezzanine (60sqm) Master Double Room on the mezzanine, Separate living room and 2nd twin bedroom on the 1st floor. South East Oriented balcony
- Family Room (55 sqm) consisting of an interconnected Duo and Privilege room.
- Prestige Family Room (68 sqm) consisting of an interconnected Privilege and Luxury room.
Spa and Wellness
The 800sqm luxury spa features products by the well known Swiss brand Valmont and also Phytomer. The spa facilities include a swimming pool, a fitness room, sauna, hammam, Jacuzzi, salt wall, fountain of ice, experience showers, relaxation area and solarium.
Guests will enjoy the natural light in all areas of the spa. There are also 4 treatment rooms which offer pampering beauty and massage treatments.
Dining and Après Ski
This restaurant offers a 5 course dinner menu (included in the half board option) in a cosy and warm atmosphere. Light from the large picture windows floods into the entire room enabling you to enjoy a view of the summits whilst having dinner.
Le Diamant Noir
This gastronomic restaurant with a panoramic terrace offers a gourmet menu. A credit per adult and per child is available as part of the half-board package.
With local specialities, produce and wines from the region serving favourite dishes such as fondue and raclette.
Lounge Bar and Terrace
The bar is a musical and relaxed space ready to host you day and night. In the daytime, the atmosphere is cosy and calm. In the evening, it's livelier with live music, but still feels like a lounge. Enjoy cocktails and other tasty nectars that the head bartender has dreamed up.
The hotel is well placed to accommodate families with facilities such as cots and baby baths available on request and dedicated children's menus at the restaurants.
- Distance to piste: Ski in/out access
- Distance to resort centre: 5 min. walk
Distance To Airport
- Geneva (GVA): 2h 25m / 198km
- Lyon (LYS): 2h 50m / 218km
- Chambery (CMF): 1h 35m / 113km
- Grenoble (GNB): 1h 50m / 144km
Winter 2023/24 Guide Pricing
|from EUR 461 per night
|from EUR 963 per night
|from EUR 881 per night
|from EUR 1,453 per night
|from EUR 1,223 per night
|from EUR 1,878 per night
Please note that the above pricing is for guidance only. Due to the dynamic pricing used by hotels, please contact the team who will be happy to share specific pricing for your desired dates.
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
Val Thorens, France
88 Rooms & Suites
Val d'Isère, France
54 Rooms & Suites
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 25 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.