It is so hard to find a luxury catered chalet in Italy and this property is a stunning example of chic design meets rustic farmhouse......and what makes it even better is you can ski back to your front door.
Baita 1697 is situated in the heart of an old hamlet at an altitude of 1600m, convenient to all the facilities of Sestriere. You can take the cable car (100m from the lodge) to the heart of the 400km of pisted slopes that cover Cesana, Claviere, Sansicario, Sauze d’Oulx and Sestriere (plus Montgenevre on the French side of the border); collectively known as The Milky Way, or the Via Lattea. Here the slopes, which accommodate all levels of skiing, rise as high as 3280m and include two Olympic downhill runs.
The lodge is a 17th century Piedmontese farmhouse lovingly restored by an acclaimed interior designer to such great success that it was also featured in a edition of Architectural Digest Magazine. It sleeps 12 adults and 6 kids in 5 master en-suites, a media room with a sofa fold out double bed and a kids’ dorm which sleeps 6. The bedrooms are fully furnished to luxurious standard and feature custom made Egyptian cotton bed sheets and bathrooms with underfloor heating, top of the range fittings and salon standard hair dryers.
Other features of the property are International film/music library, stations throughout, extremely spacious communal living space with wood-burning open fire, media room with wood-burning open fire (convertible to double bedroom) and a mountain-view roof terrace with 8-person wooden hot tub.
All of this is within 3 minutes walk to the cable car and return ski access to allow you to ski back to the front door.
- 450 sqm
- "Ski In" access
- Outdoor Hot Tub (no jets)
- Two open fireplaces
- Heated Boot Room
- Large Sitting Room
- Wireless Internet (WiFi)
- Sound system
- Roof Terrace with open fire
- 3 x Doubles with en-suites
- 1 x Double with shared en-suite with the media room
- 1 x Double with en-suite with the kids dorm room
- 1 x Kids dorm with 6 single beds (70cmx180cm) with shared en-suite
- 1 x Media room/double custom made sofa bed and shared en-suite
- 2 Hosts/Hostesses
- Distance to lifts: 100m to the cable car
- Distance to resort centre: Centrally Located
Distance To Airport
- Turin (TRN) to Sestriere: 1h 30m / 110km
- Milan Malpensa (MXP) to Sestriere: 2h 40m / 230km
- Lyon (LYS) to Sestriere: 2h 40m / 235km
Winter 2022/23 Pricing
Price on request
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the chalet and its facilities
- Seven nights' luxury accommodation
- Welcome and assistance
- Daily continental breakfast
- Afternoon Tea
- Children's supper
- 4 course dinner on 5 nights - arrival night is buffet style
- Carefully selected house wines
- Daily housekeeping
- Bathrobes, towels, bed linen
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Two trips to/from Sestriere during the holiday with private driver between 8am and 7pm.
- Airport Transfers
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- No discounts are applied to empty beds
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
- A security deposit may be requested
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.