Chalet Hannes Schneider
Haus Hannes Schneider is a historically important, and lovingly restored chalet, which makes the perfect retreat for a quiet ski holiday, in a world renowned ski area, with legendary Austrian hospitality.
The former home of Hannes Schneider, the father of what we today call alpine skiing. This luxury chalet is steeped in history and makes a superb location for family holiday in the Austrian Alps.
Haus Hannes Schneider is a beautiful luxury ski chalet in the picturesque village of Stuben, which is part of the world renowned Arlberg ski area. Equidistant between the famous resorts of St Anton and Lech, Stuben offers a retreat from the bustle of these busy resorts, whilst offering fast access to the ski area via the Albona 1 chair lift, and also their famous restaurants such as the Arlberg Hospiz, and shopping at the Stroltz department store.
This luxury six bedroom ski chalet is tastefully finished and mirrors the history of the 19th century building as well an incorporating the “golden age” of skiing, the 1950’s. Haus Hannes Schneider is styled in Alpine Chic, and home to many pieces of memorabilia from its namesake.
As you enter the chalet there is a welcoming hallway to de robe and hang your coats, before entering the cosy open plan living come dining area, which also features a small library for those snowy days when you might fancy relaxing by the open fire with a book.
The property itself may be old, but it has undergone a thorough refurbishment with all the latest technology, from a cinema room, to Sonos sound system and Apple TV in every bedroom, there is no shortage of toys.
On the bottom floor there is a plush spa area, complete with sauna, indoor jacuzzi bath and space for spa treatments, which we can of course organise. This really is a first class chalet, with first class service.
Haus Hannes Schneider is a lovely town house, with gracious staff, and a lovely quiet location, we will be sure to return.
- Spa facilities
- Treatment Room
- Ski Room with boot warmers
- Antiques and original paintings
- Luxury bath & beauty products
- Apple TV
- Sonos© Music System
- Cinema room
- Flat-screen satellite TV in every bedroom
- Gaggenau kitchen
- Laundry room
- 5 x Double/Twin bedroom with en suite bathroom
- 1 x Double/Twin bedroom with mezzanine (2 child beds) and en suite bathroom
- 1 x Twin staff bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Professional Chef
- Distance to piste: Three to four minute walk
- Distance to resort centre: Centrally located
Distance To Airport
- Innsbruck (INN): 1h 30m / 115km
- Friedrichshafen (FDH): 1h 30m / 120km
- Zurich (ZRH): 2h 15m / 180km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
Exclusive use chalet price, excludes travel
The booking price is fixed in EUR, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Seven nights' luxury accommodation
- Exclusive use of the property and its facilities
- Welcome and assistance
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff
- Tea or coffee in bed each morning
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
- Children's supper
- Dinner on seven nights
- Pre-arrival menu consultation
- Champagne and canapés each night
- An open bar with spirits, beers and soft drinks
- Carefully selected house wines
- Bath and beauty products
- Bathrobes, towels, bed linen
- Mid week towel change
- Evening turndown
- Daily housekeeping
- Private chauffeured 4x4 from 8am til 1am
- Daily newspapers
- Use of Wireless Internet (Wifi)
- Tourist tax
- Airport Transfers
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Cost of massage/beauty treatments
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- No discounts are applied to empty beds
- A security deposit may be requested
- Local tourist tax is payable in resort
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
This property is unavailable to rent during the summer. However, we do have many luxury chalets and lodges that are available to book - contact one of our consultants on +44 1993 899 420 or send us an enquiry.
Oxford Private Travel
Our 'summery sister' Oxford Private Travel are experts at all things 'non-ski'. Specialising in luxury villas, hotels, private islands and yacht charters, do give the team a call to experience the high levels of customer care that Oxford Ski Company has become renowned for, when planning all of your other holidays as well. Featuring many European summer destinations, as well as long-haul and winter sun, they would be delighted to suggest holidays to match your individual requirements.Visit Oxford Private Travel
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.