Fairmont Chateau Whistler
This imposing landmark chateaux is superbly situated at the base of Blackcomb Mountain. Steeped in tradition with exceptional service, this striking hotel is perfect for those looking for a touch of class with a generous sprinkle of luxury.
Setting the scene
Located at the base of Blackcomb, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is a truly ski in, ski out property located in the upper village. With direct access to the slopes and a ski concierge on the doorstep, this property is hard to beat when it comes to location. The property is only a seven minute stroll through the forest to Whistler Village and a regular complimentary shuttle service runs from outside the hotel.
The hotel has a number of dining options ranging from the locally-inspired ′Wildflower′ for breakfast and dinner to the relaxed smokehouse-style ′Portebello′. The Mallard Lounge is a sophisticated apres ski lounge, popular with the locals with live music performed most evenings. It is also the venue for Fairmont Fridays - a popular apres ski spot where you can sit around the fire pits and watch the sun fall behind the mountains from the heated terrace.
A number of room options are available starting with the Fairmont Room and Deluxe rooms, which each have king or two queen bed options. Many of the rooms are interconnecting to ensure complete flexibility for families. One and two bedrooms suites are available facing the slopes or the valley - both of which have tremendous views.
We suggest looking at the Fairmont Gold rooms which are available as one bedroom suites, deluxe rooms, two bedroom penthouse suites. Benefits of Fairmont Gold include more spacious rooms, gas fireplaces, larger bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs as well as a private check in, exclusive access to the Fairmont Gold concierge and Gold Lounge. The Lounge is exclusively for the guests staying on the Fairmont Gold floor and offers complimentary breakfast, cocktail canapés, and late-night sweet treats. If you are looking for some added privacy and exclusivity, then the small premium on the Gold rooms is well worth it.
Rooms and Suites
519 guest rooms and suites:
- Fairmont Room (37 sqm) - King or twin beds with open living area.
- Deluxe Room (37 sqm) - King or twin beds with open living area. Views of either Whistler Valley, Rainbow Mountain or woodland.
- Deluxe Slopeside View Room (37 sqm) - King or twin beds with open living area. Views of Whistler Mountain and Blackcomb Mountain Slopes.
- Alpine Suite (56 sqm) - King bed with fireplace and modern bathroom with spa shower. Mountain views.
- Junior Valley View Suite (44 sqm) - King bed with fireplace, work station and four-piece bathroom. Views of Whistler Mountain and Rainbow Mountain.
- One Bedroom Valley View Suite (74 sqm) - King or twin beds, separate large living area with double sofa bed and fireplace. Two bathrooms, one with soaker tub. Views of Rainbow Mountain.
- One Bedroom Slopeside View Suite (74 sqm) - King bed, separate large living area with double sofa bed and fireplace. Two bathrooms, one with soaker tub. Views of Blackcomb slopes.
- One Bedroom Mountain View Corner Suite (74 sqm) - King bed, separate large living area with double sofa bed and fireplace. Two bathrooms one with jacuzzi tub. Views of Blackcomb slopes.
- Two Bedroom Junior Suite (81 sqm) - King bedroom separated from living area by sliding louvre doors. Twin bedroom and double sofa bed in lounge with fireplace. Three bathrooms. Views of Chef’s Herb Garden on the Woodland Terrace.
- Two Bedroom Valley View Suite (111 sqm) - King bedroom and twin bedroom separated by living room with double sofa bed and fireplace. Three bathrooms. Views of Rainbow Mountain.
- Two Bedroom Slopeside View Suite (11 sqm) - King bedroom and twin bedroom separated by living room with double sofa bed and fireplace. Three bathrooms. Views of Blackcomb Mountain
- Fairmont Gold Room (34 sqm) - King or twin beds, gas fireplace and four-piece bathroom with soaker tub. Views of Rainbow Mountain or woodlands.
- Fairmont Gold Junior Suite (48 sqm) - King bed, separate living room with gas fireplace and four-piece bathroom with soaker tub.
- Fairmont Gold One Bedroom Suite (56 sqm) -King bed, separate living room with gas fireplace and pull out sofa bed. Four-piece bathroom with soaker tub. Views of Rainbow Mountain or woodlands.
- Fairmont Gold Executive Suite (74 sqm) - King bed with full size walk-in wardrobe and vanity area. The separate large living room has a dual gas fireplace and pull out sofa bed. Large five-piece bathroom with soaker tub.
- Fairmont Gold Two Bedroom Suite (111 sqm) - King bedroom and twin bedroom separated by a spacious living room with fireplace and double sofa bed. Three bathrooms. Views of Rainbow Mountain or woodlands.
- Fairmont Gold Two Bedroom Premier Suite (93 sqm) - King bedroom and twin bedroom with separate living room with double sofa bed. Two bathrooms, one has jetted tub and oversized shower. Viewing balcony.
- Fairmont Gold Penthouse Suite (111 sqm) - King bed, separate large living room with gas fireplace. Deluxe marble bathroom with double vanity, one-person jetted tub and oversized shower. Floor-to-ceiling windows with views of Whistler.
All rooms have: High speed internet, air-conditioning/heat control, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Cable television with in-room pay movies and video checkout, Coffee/Tea maker, Desk (complete with office amenities), Hair dryer, In-room Safe.
*Fairmont Gold Rooms have exclusive access to Gold Concierge/Private Check-in and the Fairmont Gold Lounge with complimentary breakfast, cocktail canapés, and late-night sweet treats, as well as a self-serve Honor Bar.
Spa and Wellness
Healthy living and Whistlers top health and wellness vacation destination go hand in hand at Fairmont Chateau Whistler spa hotel and resort. Energize your body and mind with a cardio workout or relax in one of three outdoor whirlpools in this spectacular Whistler mountain resort setting.
Featuring heated pools, hot tubs, a sauna, steam room, fitness centre and weight room you really will be spoilt for choice!
Dining and Après Ski
Fairmont Chateau Whistler presents a unique collection of Whistler restaurant options and family dining locations that capture the essence of Whistler’s vibrant lifestyle. The Wildflower offers delicious, a la carte breakfast options as well as a locally-inspired dinner menu to enjoy with loved ones. For a more relaxed dining experience, don’t miss ′Portobello′ for breakfast bowls, specialty coffees, gourmet sandwiches and smokehouse-style dinner options. The Mallard Lounge is a sophisticated après ski lounge, popular with the locals and featuring live music most evenings. Unique winter dining experiences include ‘The Chalet’ for artisan fondues, as well as the magical new Snow Globes private dining domes. For an evening to remember, The Grill Room offers an elevated evening dining experience of gourmet steaks, chops and seafood.
- Distance to lifts: Ski In/Ski Out (Blackcomb), 7 min. walk/2 min. drive (Whistler Mountain)
- Distance to resort centre: Central (Upper Village), 7 min. walk/2 min. drive (Whistler Village)
Distance To Airport
- Pemberton (CYPS): 35mins / 35km
- Squamish (YSE): 50mins / 55km
- Vancouver (YVR): 2h 30m / 140km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
Price upon request. Please contact us on +44 1993 899422 for more information and live availability.Make an enquiry
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.