The Backstage Loft
A quirky but fabulous chalet by the well known designer 'Heinz Julen' in a cracking location. Stunning views from the hot tub too!
The Backstage Loft (600 sqm) sleeps 10 people featuring 5 en suite bedrooms, two of which are located in the original historic part of the building. Featuring incredible views of the Matterhorn, the Loft sits on the edge of the river in a quiet residential area, less than a 4 minute walk from the Klein Matterhorn Glacier station and a short stroll from the center of Zermatt village.
You enter the chalet at street level where steps lead down into the main hallway and cloakroom. Central to the Backstage Loft is its large, airy, and bright open-plan kitchen, living, and dining area located on this floor within the main structure. This sophisticated entertaining space features an open wood fire and floor-to-ceiling windows that enhance the unique architectural style and charm. The dining table can be winched to the ceiling leaving a great floor space for pre-dinner drinks and canapes or dancing.
The impressive hot tub is located to the side of the main living room, encased in glass affording you spectacular back-drops to fill your senses. If this isn't enough, with the touch of a button the glass wall swings open and the indoor hot tub is magically transformed into an outdoor one.
There is one double bedroom with en suite shower room is located on this floor, accessed from the main hallway. This bedroom opens onto the wrap around balcony and has a television and safe as is the case for all the bedrooms. Stairs lead to two further stylish bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms located on the top floor of the chalet.
Downstairs from the living space is located a further bedroom with en suite shower room balcony and separate entrance to the lower street level. A guest toilet as well as a small hammam and sauna are also located on this floor.
Stairs lead up to the fifth master bedroom with separate shower room, located in the adjoining glass-encased converted 700-year-old chalet, the design of which show-cases its original wooden beams. This bedroom has direct access to the terrace and hot tub area outside of the living room.
After an exhilarating day on the slopes guests can take in the latest movie in the chalet's dedicated TV room located on the lower floor of the chalet. This area also has a kitchenette and separate shower room and access through to the gym equipped with a running machine, cross training and weights instillation with views over the river. The ski room with an ample number of innovative heated drying cupboards.
The Backstage Loft is a one-off masterpiece fusing the historic wooden architecture of the ancient adjoining chalet with the contemporary flair of the main chalet. To complement the overall design of the building, Heinz Julen has custom-made every fitting and piece of furniture in his own design studio and workshop located in the village.
- Indoor/Outdoor Hot Tub
- Hammam/Steam Room
- TV Room
- Private laundry facilities
- Private ski locker with heated boot warmers
- Wood Fire
- 2 x King size bedroom with en suite shower room
- 2 x King/Twin size bedroom with en suite shower room
- 1 x Duplex king size bedroom with en suite shower room
- Distance to lifts: Two minute walk (Klein Matterhorn)
- Distance to resort centre: Three minute walk (central church square)
Distance To Airport
- Sion (SIR): 1h 30m / 80km
- Geneva (GVA): 3h 15m / 240km
- Zurich (ZRH): 3h 40m / 260km
Winter 2021/22 Pricing
exclusive use chalet price, excludes travel
The booking price is fixed in CHF, other currencies will vary subject to exchange rates/conditions.
- View prices in:
- Dedicated Concierge Service from your Travel Consultant
- Exclusive use of the property and its facilities
- Welcome and assistance
- Dedicated service from the chalet staff
- Champagne reception
- Welcome basket with fruit and chocolate
- Daily housekeeping
- Daily breakfast and afternoon tea
- 3-course menu on 6 nights
- Children's supper upon request
- The best selection of house wines, beer and soft drinks with the evening meals
- An open bar with spirits, beers and soft drinks
- Mid week towel change
- Bathrobes, towels and toiletries
- Pick up and drop off from the train station on arrival/departure
- Complimentary cinema ticket
- Airport Transfers
- Insurance Premiums
- Lift Passes or Ski Rental
- Cost of massage/beauty treatments
- Childcare arrangements
- Any other item not specifically mentioned
- No discounts are applied to empty beds
- A security deposit may be requested
- This property is strictly non-smoking
- All prices to be reconfirmed at time of booking
This property is unavailable to rent during the summer. However, we do have many luxury chalets and lodges that are available to book - contact one of our consultants on +44 1993 899 420 or send us an enquiry.
Oxford Private Travel
Our 'summery sister' Oxford Private Travel are experts at all things 'non-ski'. Specialising in luxury villas, hotels, private islands and yacht charters, do give the team a call to experience the high levels of customer care that Oxford Ski Company has become renowned for, when planning all of your other holidays as well. Featuring many European summer destinations, as well as long-haul and winter sun, they would be delighted to suggest holidays to match your individual requirements.Visit Oxford Private Travel
Speak to our experts and let us plan a true experience tailored around you.Contact us
You might also love
What makes us different?
We have been designing and delivering luxury ski holidays for 22 years. Our experience in the industry is unparalleled. You can trust us to create the perfect trip for you and your family.
Our team live and breathe skiing and are passionate about the destinations we sell. We work with only the best chalet and hotel providers. All are regularly inspected to ensure our exacting standards are met.
Each Oxford Ski Company booking includes our complimentary pre-arrival concierge service. Your specialist will help arrange the all-important finer details that are part of planning the perfect ski holiday.